who's cut themselves with a chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Omg

Dude, that is awesome!!! Sucks too, these guys are going to hammer you about being more careful, butttttt, they don't call them accidents because are planned right??? How many stitches? Infection??? I've taken a saw in the face 3 times now, never too bad though... Hope your better quickly bro... :cheers:

me, the same day I was telling the new guy to put on his chaps that morning, mine was with an 044 with 32" bar, had been bucking up some white pines and had to make a nature run and didn't put my chaps back on I only had 3 cuts to make is what I thought, turned out that I had four, the forth was my thigh on my right leg, 7 stitches inside and 16 staples outside, I was very lucky that I didn't cut any deeper, the new guy looked at me and said "you know, you didn't have to cut your leg as a demonstration as to what can happen" then he kinda giggled and I asked "did you learn anything today" to Wit he replied "yes, don't let you use a saw anymore" me and that kid got along very well after that first day and keep in touch so I guess something good came out of the matter.

my left forearm, chainsaw cut from 20 years ago (there's no such a thing like "one hand chainsaw"), the rest from handsaws and brush.

approx. 30 years ago I was assisting my brother cutting wood and R forearm was victim of serious kickback. Just clipped skin no tendons,muscle or bone, however the inside of my forearm still has 7 scars that resemble a sharks gills. way to many stitches to count. they [stitches] were still working their way to the surface years later.

I have not yet injured anyone or myself since.:clap: I guess teenagers can learn something if the lesson is taught in an appropriate way:dizzy:

The chaps are on order for the new chainsaw.:)

Latest posts

Back