Who's got a 576xp autotune

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got put about 10 tanks through mine - loving it. Running a 24' Powermatch bar and full chisel Oregon chain for the moment. Mainly cutting local eucalyptus - Manna gum, stringybark, messmate, peppermint and candlebark. So far, it's totally stock, but I think it'll get a muffler mod in the next few weeks. No cutting for me right now - just had our second baby 2 nights ago, but once we're back on our feet I'll be out in the forest - Autumn's a great time for wood gathering down here.

Got the 576 after using a 359 and a 455 Rancher for a few years. I can't believe the difference in power! What extra energy the 576 costs me in weight penalty, I gain back in not having to wrestle the saw to do the work.

576xpat.jpg

Very nice saw, looks great. And congrats on the newborn. I have a relatively new 365 Special myself. Simply love it. Great saw. You'll be out cutting again in no time, enjoying that 576. That autotune feature must be nice too. And I agree with your point about the heavier saw resulting in less work overall as well.

Wow only one member I thought there would be more out there

I went with the regular 576XP based on long discussions with the tech at my local dealer. In the end, I couldn't justify the extra for the autotune AND the reg one was sitting there and a they gave me a h--- of a deal. However, I am probably just old school w/ saws like I am with old cars. I have had it since last Sept and use almost every week (but not for a living). LOVE the saw and have not found anything yet to really challenge it including up to 36" Oak and Hickory blow downs from the Halloween storm around here.

Last edited:
My son has one and I think he takes it to bed him. I think he likes it that much. The down side is know the wife has to sleep on the couch.

Back