Why do people look at me funny for having saws in the house

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife likes me working on saws in the house.
Right up until I fire one off that I've just finished when she is sleeping.
She says it beats me being out drinking and chasing women.
She gets lonesome when I spend too much time out in the shop.

Mike

Only concern I can think of is the gas fumes seeing as saws run on gas. Which arent really the best thing to have inside the house.

what you talking about,, i have started many saws in the house,, the saw fumes covers my azz gas fumes:D:D:D

I dont have a good place in my house now where my dogs wont eat or misplace something on me.

IMG_0724.jpg

That gives me an idea....that camshaft would be the ultimate bone for my 2 year old black lab to gnaw on since he still likes chewing on things! :msp_biggrin:

yeah my house has wheels.I kept the wheels on so I can pull it to Kentucky and fit right in from time to time

I have been to a few really good "Wheel Pullin' and Levelin' Parties.":biggrinbounce2:

My 394 greets everyone who enters the house. No big deal, no fume issues

Got a couple project saws in the living room.I can watch tv,listen to the radio,and work in a/c all while doin somethin I love to do.People look at my saws in the living room floor and kinda turn their noses up.Its my house,ill do what i want.I am embarressed with my bathroom sink,ive absolutely ruined it with carb cleaner

I happen to have a Belsaw chain sharpener not 4 ft from me right now where I hang out; on a stand!:msp_biggrin:

Nothing wrong with that. I used to have a bicycle shop and did the same thing, bring "homework" home so I could sit on the floor in the evening and watch TV and work on stuff.

The sunday paper was the best for that action, plenty of sections to spread out.

Zog, ever hear of an Austro- Daimler " Ventnoir" ( Black Wind)? Raced it in the 70's! Back lately ridin' again! Feels great!!

I have a brand new Johnsered 2053 that has been sitting in my house for over a month. First brand new saw in a long time. I just cant bring myself to taking it down to the garage to be with the others. And it is too good lookin to use. Someday when i feel I have something worthy of breakin it in on I guess I'll put it in wood. Until then- it will stay on my Kitchen Table as a center piece.:clap:

Last edited:
Sometime I think people are looking at me funny for something I'm doing, but then realize it's just because I'm funny looking. As far as the parts go, who really cares what people think anyway, everybody has an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpavement View Post
Just today we brought home a "new to us" 10 foot long dining room table. I have already been informed that I am not to put anything on it. And just think how many saws and part that puppy could hold...
Someone needs to understand "anything" would/could include money and/or dinner.

Like the dumbass from Warren Michigan would tell her. "I don't take no orders from women, I tell em to shut up"

I like sleeping indoors so I don't see that as being a good thing to say... I do put the mail on the table.

Back