Why help people (smh!)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fully equipped and insured for $150/tree? He can't survive that way. Insurance for tree workers is darn near 30% of income, and the equipment isn't cheap. I don't see how they can survive at those rates.
I think it's that a lot of guys don't want to do the clean up. So if they just get the tree down and leave it's quick money. I suppose it also depend if they come with a bucket truck ,a climber, and 3 groundies. The price will be higher then.

Lol well I'm still talking to this cat, he's picked up a few jobs and found some gear and seems happy to be working and enjoying it. Glad for him. Seems a good bit friendlier now. Will continue observing... Hopefully he gets his pricing where it should be so he can not help ruin the market and so he can actually be making money at it. I think he has another job I think he's trying to do this on the side but also think he really could use the money from it.

So true but I have yet to figure out why it works that way?
No joke! Well I went to the cats house today he wanted to give me a load of firewood for helping him out. I'm not complaining at this point. He talked my ear off and sounded like he was getting his pricing in line. Maybe he's not stupid and was just desperate to get first couple jobs. Says he's pretty booked for the next few weekends now. His full time job keeps him busy through the week. Happy for him. Still keeping a little distance though lol

Latest posts

Back