Why no aftermarket poulan clutch covers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Shooters Apprentice

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I’ve got two of the gray craftsman/poulan saws here. Both run good, but suffer from the same problem with the chain adjuster broken out of the front of the case.

These are older ones with the chain brake and handle built into the clutch cover.

Why isn’t there any cheap aftermarket parts for these saws? Only ones I could find were the purple ones from the wild thing and they were $80-$90 which is crazy. Lots of cheap parts for all the other clutch cover styles, but not for these ones?

Any other clutch covers that will fit these days? Husky 137 maybe?

You could probably find decent used on eBay as alot of those are like bic Lighters. toss it when the fuel runs out.

I think it is just economics. How many of these clutch covers could be sold - AKA where is the market for these parts?

Unless somebody has access to the original injection molds/tooling it would be very expensive to make the first part, although it would be cheap to make many thousands. How many hundred are you personally willing to buy?

Look up "poulan clutch cover" on the **bay site. Find the "china" ones. Look closely at the picture for the "PP295, PP4620" covers. Compare the top edge and corner where the clutch lever is. If the picture matches what you need, then get this one. I tried to get a clutch cover for an older Craftsman 46cc saw. Instead, I got a cover for a PP260, which is the one you are looking for. Hope this helps

Back