Why no gas to carb? MS260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you own a chainsaw you must have the ability to maintain it. Pressure/vacuum are the main forces and you need a gun to see them. A lesson I just learned. You will kick yourself for hesitating

Well I asked him to check the simplest of things the pulse. It drives the fuel pump. He has a new top that has not been pressure or vacuum tested. What part of that do you think a gun would fix and help him narrow down the problem.

These are very basic troubleshooting technics. Meant to solve the problem

A simple daub of grease will start that ball rolling. First timer with a self installed top.

Stihl trains their techs to use the gun it's simple and it shows you the problem.

It could be a lot of things. You start simple and roll on

I am surprised that old grizzly saw man like you would not be on that bandwagon.

Think about the pressure and vacuum of combustion. How you going to measure it's soundness. The essence of a chainsaw. I will say it again you need to go buy one and play with it and then you should feel shame for being set in your ways

You get the basics out of the way and then start going after the timing and the spark and such.

The clue here was I got a new top I really don't know much

Bingo, how about some basics

Harley buy one and let me know I will show you how to run through the test like they do it. It will make you smile

Latest posts

Back