"Wicked Work Saw" customers and friends please read this announcement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
29 radiation treatment. 6 to go. It's easy to get caught up in the complexities of life & forget the pure brilliance that our bodies provide in every moment of every day, but when these 5 harmonious sensations are combined they help to enrich life's experiences & enhance our interactions of their full capacity. And when they are fulfilled, emotions arise that words just cannot suffice. Today I am thankful for the 5 Senses- Sight, Hearing, Touch, Taste & Smell. You know, we (I) take our senses for granted- not all people are blessed to have all 5 of them. Sense of Sight... I am able to read my Bible, see family & friends smile, watch my girls grow, see the colors of life & the beauty that life has to offer. Sense of Hearing... I am able to listen to comforting words from my Pastor, birds singing, children laughing, trickle of rain, voices of your loved ones & the harmonious chords of music. Sense of Touch... I can embrace the face of my beloved, give a hug to a friend, breeze of the wind, the hands of your loved ones & one day touch the hem of my Lord's garment. Sense of Taste... I can savor the sweetness of fruits, the saltiness of peanuts, the sourness of pickles, the bitterness of grapefruit & the spiciness of chili. Sense of Smell... I enjoy the smell of roses, scented candles, my favorite perfume, fresh baked cookies, the laundry just after it is dry. My favorite are the smells that make you feel good; a freshly cut lawn & the air right after it rains. Senses are the building blocks of how we perceive & understand our world. Anything to share, please do! As always thanks for being in my life!

This was Friday's! #30 radiation treatment down. 5 to go. "Perhaps I've been rushing my whole life, jumping from one thing to the next one & completely lose the present moment. Running through the days without noticing the minutes." Today I am thankful for Time... Rushing, rushing, rushing. We are always rushing. Never have enough time here, always trying to make our way there. Need to have left here five minutes ago, need to be there now. "So this is what you do when it all slows down & the minutes that tick by feel a little longer than before. You take your time. You breathe slowly. You open your eyes a little wilder & look at everything. Take it all in. Rehash stories of old, remember people, times & occasions gone by. Allow everything you see to remind you of something. Talk about those things. Find out the answers you didn't know to yesterday's crosswords. Slow down. Stop trying to do everything now, now, now. Hold up the people behind you for all you care, feel them kicking at your heels but maintain your pace. Don't let anybody else dictate your speed." I could have taken all the time in the world on each of those steps. But I'm always rushing. All, but my heart. That slows now. I don't mind so much. Anything to share, please do! As always thanks for being in my life!

Please do so in the right lane.

amen to that. its been a rat race every morning trying to get her to these appointments. I think she has been on time twice lol
we have to drive thru so many schools to get here add that in with the morning work rush in oak ridge and Knoxville. we would need to leave an hr early to get here on time.

Sorry for the delay! This is Monday's! #31 radiation treatment down. 4 to go. What a wonderful thing it is to count your blessings one by one. What a beautiful season it is while we live here in this home. We are thankful for each person that makes our lives richer & more blessed. It is a rare thing to have a good neighbor & it is a rare thing to be a good neighbor. As a thank you for all the good neighbors we have, we want to be good neighbors in return to each one & share Christ's love. The second greatest commandment is to "Love your neighbor as yourself." Today I am thankful for my neighbor/family Larry & Carol... Unfortunately, We lost Carol last year on February 12,2013. It is quite true that we often don't find the value in a person until they are no longer with us. In our eyes Larry & Carol are family, just not a neighbor nor a friend. They have watched the girls grow up, get older, personalities change, looks change & watch them become their own self. It doesn't matter what time of year it is, we look out for each other, help each other, respect the privacy of each other, but reach out in the time of need as we do more now for Larry through these tough times since Carol's passing. He showers us with love, always has a smile & is such a treasure in our life. Showing gratitude is one of the bases of friendship. Acts can overcome shyness. Anything to share, please do! As always thanks for being in my life!

This is Tuesday's! #32 radiation treatment down. 3 to go. Night is the time to forget all the worries & tensions of daily life & enter the world of sleep. It is time to see dreams, which you will strive for when you wake up in the morning. Tired from the hard work, when you hit the bed to get lost in your dreams. Today I am thankful for each Goodnight Kiss... "A kiss, when all is said, what is it? A rosy dot placed on the "i" in loving; This is a secret told to the mouth instead of the ear." What is it about goodnight kisses? "Our connecting time" Most tender, most eager to speak & most eager to listen. Time to hear about their day. Not only hearing what they say but also listening to what they leave unsaid. A goodnight kiss means when we part. Never felt complete going to bed without getting a goodnight kiss. I treasure every moment & will never regret all those goodnight kisses. "When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life & strength. Give thanks for your food, & the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself." Anything to share, please do! As always thanks for being in my life!

I want to thank you guys for keeping up the "thankful" post while I have been away. It's been pretty rough especially today cause I feel so sick & I also know what the pain is going to be again. A week from the treatments just isn't enough time but it has to be done. I have done a lot of thinking this week it just makes me wonder why things happen the way they do. I am a good person. I try to treat everyone the way I want to be treated. I would do anything for anybody. I always put everyone before myself. Material things isn't what makes my world go around. I love to make someone smile. I appreciate what I get whether it's big or small. I just love the simple things in life. I cry out loud but on the inside the cries are a lot louder. I ask myself where did I go wrong in my journey of life that I have to endure so much pain. The answer will always be unknown but I do have music in my life that helps ease the pain of my mind, body & soul. #26 radiation treatment down. 9 to go. "Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind & gives it rest, heals the heart & makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul." Today I am thankful for Music... Music is a gateway to the soul for some people. I am one of those people. I am thankful for having the ability to express myself through & to love music that has deep meaning to me. Music is my gateway from reality. Being able to cherish a song with a special meaning is a surreal thing. Music is so expressive. With it, one can speak out joy, sadness, praise, despair & any degree of emotion in between... without using a single word. Anything you want to share, please do! As always thanks for being in my life!

Anne, it is not that you have done anything wrong. The Bible says that it rains on the just and the unjust alike. Tom

That's right Tom, Anne hasn't done anything wrong at all. She's one of my favorite people. When I was real sick, she made me feel like I was gonna be alright.

We never know what life has in store for us. God doesn't punish us by causing hardships, He does give us the strength to carry on in spite of them though.

Keep on keeping on Anne, you're doing great Sis.

This is Wednesday's! #33 radiation down. 2 to go. We have all received gifts or honors because "it was the right thing to do." You just can't feel love from someone when they are doing something good for you because "it is the right thing to do". People feel love when it is really expressed. "I love you," is a very common phrase. Many times it just feels like it should be said & it needs to come from the heart. Today I am thankful for Hearing the Words "I love you"... There are many different levels of love, one never really knows when to use those three little words. Some say love is often used & mostly misunderstood. My take on love is that you can love anybody & everybody. But you should only say it if you truly mean it. Love is not only words as we all know love is an expression of emotion that should be shared. Some people do shy away when they hear someone tell them that but that is only because they do not really understand what it means. Many think it means I am in love with you & I want you to be in love with me & no one else. It means love with all the good emotions one person can feel, I feel with you. So everyone needs to experience the amazing feeling that only love can give & cannot be described until you try it for yourself. Anything to share, please do! As always thanks for being in my life!

Latest posts

Back