"Wicked Work Saw" customers and friends please read this announcement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is yesterday's! 34 radiation treatment down. 1 to go. Oh God, when I have food, help me remember the hungry. When I have a home, help me remember the homeless. When I am with friends & family who love me, help me remember those who are friendless or shunned. And remembering, help me destroy my complacency, move my heart & reach out by word & deed to those who cry out for what we take for granted. Today I am Thankful to Pay it Forward/Repay Thankfulness... One of my goals is to inspire everyone I meet to become a better person. You'd be surprised how a few words of encouragement can revolutionize the way a person thinks about them self. Everything we give to others will, sooner or later, return to us, whether or not it be in a form we expected. I would like to wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, Smiles when sadness intrudes, Rainbows to follow the clouds, Laughter to kiss your lips, Sunsets to warm your heart, Hugs when spirits sag, Beauty for your eyes to see, Friendships to brighten your being, Faith so that you can believe, Confidence for when you doubt, Courage to know yourself, Patience to accept the truth & Love to complete your life. "Counting our blessings & weeping with sense of pleasure & wholeness is a way to be thankful" People with a strong sense of gratitude, love & appreciation don't necessarily have more than others; they aren't "luckier". They simply recognize & see more beauty in their lives. People who count their blessings are generally happier & healthier than people who don't. If you ever feel as if anything in your life isn't "enough" try practicing an attitude of thankfulness. You might realize how good you have it after all. Anything to share, please do! As always thanks for being in my life!

It's amazing. I write some nice feeling philosophical stuff on this thread and understand just how to keep myself centered in the things that matter. Then today at work I get all wound up about other people doing things I do if left to my own devices. Before you know it, I'm so poisoned with tapes running in my head that I infect everything and everybody I come into contact with. Then I sit down here and read just a couple of your sentences and I'm ashamed of being such a baby. I haven't been of service to anyone in a couple of days and it has me in a state of being irritable, restless, and discontent. Thank you Anne for putting me back in perspective of what I'm supposed to be doing. Like Springsteen said, "Is it me, or just a brilliant disguise." If just for this Easter weekend, I'm going to let go of what I expect to come to me, and try to be of some service to others.

Thanks Anne,
Peace

This is Friday's! Sorry for the delay, I have been trying to write this for a couple of days, but either I was to sick, busy in the store or when I would sat down to write it, I would get so tired & I would have to lay down. My Final "Thankful of the Day" :clap: 35 radiation treatment down. 0 to go!!! It feels good to type that!!! While I don't believe it's true that every cloud has a silver lining, I do believe that even the most negative life experiences can teach us something that we can take into the future with us. It's often hard to see or appreciate whose those specific things are when we're in the midst of them. It's often only later on, with time & hindsight, that we begin to appreciate what we've learned. Today I am thankful for "The Finish Line". Today is a very surreal day; it's almost bittersweet... Some days, I wasn't sure this day was ever going to come. I am finally breathing a sigh of relief as I am done with radiation treatments & I definitely went out with a bang! I definitely didn't take the easy road to treating my cancer, but I got it done! I'm still in shock & just sit here staring off into space with a huge smile on my face during my last treatment & just want to take it all in. Before I left Thompson Cancer Center, I received a "Diploma" certifying my graduation from radiation treatments. :bowdown: As I drive away. Tears roll down my face. I did it. Mama I did it. I made it. I'm so happy. I won't be sick anymore. I'm so scared. Is it going to come back? I'm so drained. It keeps running through my mind. Why won't it stop? The fear is getting to me. On the inside, I'm crying for help! I need to hold my mama's hand. I tell myself "Be patient & tough; someday this pain will be useful to me." I look in the mirror. I look at myself through a moment of silence. The world is moving faster now. Feeling at my weakest but showing more strength, being at my lowest but suddenly lifted above higher than I have ever been. I feel like a different person. Heartaches crushed my spirit. I want to smile again. I desperately want to have a happy heart again. I know I can't fix it on my own. God sees my situation much better than I do & I can trust that he always has my best interest in mind. We only see a tiny piece of the big puzzle & God has the entire puzzle in his vision. At the end, I find reason to look back at my journey. Empty words almost echo within themselves. I answered the phone to the words "Mrs. Landrum, We have your test results back, the biopsy came back cancerous". The day that changed my life & forever made a distinction in my memories of either "before cancer" or "after cancer". I close my eyes & stare into the dark, & wonder, How in my darkest moments, my most fearful times, when faced, became my bravest. Yet through all of this I am reminded of how God has numbered our days & He alone knows the plans, He has for us. I'm learning not to put my faith into my feelings because they can be so wrong. I, We, need to do our best to continue on with our lives the best we can. Some days will be easier than others. I'm devastated, but not defeated. I still have an amazing group of family, friends & love ones that I've had through all of this to help keep me going. We're on a changing course now. But you have helped me deal with life; You've been a stable force. When I have had to follow, New Directions, You were there. When the world was hard on me, You always seemed to care. When nothing held together or made the slightest bit of sense at all, You have always helped me restore my inner confidence. Everyone needs someone who is reliable & true. Through these moments I have endured it all from everyone walking beside me each step along the way. As of Terry, He told me that I might as well get used to the fact that he is by my side & cast the same shadow as I take these steps in life. He has held my hand through it all, pushed me to keep fighting & helped keep me strong. He doesn't stop... or at least he hasn't yet. I know it will eventually all catch up with him, but hopefully by then I'll be fully healed & able to care for him. He has done more than I expected & not because I have asked that of him. He has done whatever has needed to be done & he's done it without complaining. He had a lot added onto his already full plate, but he somehow is still standing. I'm very lucky to have him by my side! This will take some Time & Time does Heal & We will Heal. This life is so short, yet this life is only a minute apart of eternity with Christ. My Journey is Dedicated in Memory to My Mama; I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. I want to Thank You for the help if it was through a moment of silence, through a prayer, through a donation of time & energy. Every ounce of love- no matter it's form-is fuel for the fight. Anything you want to share, please do! As always thanks for being in my life!

You go girl! Time to heal from the radiation treatments in body and spirit. It all gets better as you put this behind you and you build on your many strengths. Please do continue to share. I look forward to it, myself.

I'm glad you have your treatments behind you, the process of going to the hospital and being treated every weekday taxes the body and spirit. I remember going for an ultrasound of my gall bladder and finding out I had kidney cancer. The news seemed unreal, I had a hard time processing it. I was a month between the ultrasound and my surgery and I worked every day and thought about it as little as possible. After I was dismissed from the hospital and told there was only a 10% change of recurrence I had a few weeks of mental trouble. I don't know if it was the surgery, my body adjusting to one kidney/adrenal gland, PTS, pain meds or what but it happened. I have had a very good 12 years since then, trips for our 25th and 30th anniversary's, the birth of my 2 granddaughters, the marriage of my youngest son and our retirement. I rarely think about having one kidney or the cancer anymore but I am aware of it during yearly exams.
I heard my wife and her friend discussing her breast cancer a few days ago. She told her she is afraid it will return and dreads her mammograms and Dr. visits. She still sees he surgeon every 6 months and the oncologist every year. I think we will always be conscious of the fact that we have had cancer. We live in a rural NW GA county and know almost everyone else who is a cancer survivor, we all keep up with each other, ask if their still doing well when we run into them somewhere and help them celebrate good reports. I hope this post is appropriate, I felt a little conflicted writing it but it is meant to be encouraging. We continue to wish you well, and hope God will give you peace of mind and wellness of body.
Cannon

Glad to hear your done with your treatments Ann. If I ever come into that situation I can only hope I will be as strong as you have been. Just within the last month my 2year older brother was told he has diabetes and me and him have the same bad eating habits. well last monday i started the first diet of my life. im a bit off topic here, sorry, but reading your good words is helping me so i would like to say thank you.

I am so glad to hear that you have put this behind you. I sincerely hope and pray that the treatments have had the utmost success in killing the bad cells. Hang tough and continue to share your PROGRESS with us. Hopefully as the weather improves, so will your energy. Stay strong. DW

Latest posts

Back