"wicked work saw" ported cylinder exchange program

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlandrum

dealer,saw builder
Reaction score
i have decided that i am going to try something a little different with porting saws. this will be a little different approach to getting a saw ported than what you guys are used to. i am going to offer a complete cylinder exchange. what i am proposing is that you send me your good useable cylinder with no broken fins and clean serviceable bore as a core. i will send back a clean bead blasted "oem" ported cylinder,new meteor piston and caber rings,new base gasket,new muffler thats has been port matched to cylinder and dual ported or outlets sized accordingly, with all partaining heat shields and gaskets. i will include in the kit a set of seals for the saw and a carb kit. this will be the ultimate kit for the do it yourself type of guy or just anyone that wants a package deal at a great savings. i am going to start this with the offering of a 372 cylinder exchange.
"wicked work saw 372 kit"
1-oem bead blasted and woods ported cylinder
1-meteor piston with new caber rings
1-base gasket
1-ported muffler
1-muffler bracket
1-muffler heat shield and gasket
1-set of seals
1-carb kit
1-new plug​

the cylinder will be ported to the same specs that i port all my work saws. the combustion chamber will be cut and squish set. the cylinder will be set up to use a base gasket. i will port the muffler to match the cylinder and match the gasket and heat sheilds as well. i will be including a new set of seals with your kit as well as a carb kit along with a new plug. this kit will fit in a flat rate shipping box from the usps and will ship priority mail. i will try to put together some guide lines tonight on the cylinder exchange (core). but right now i think i can do this kit for $350. this kit can be customised to your needs and price will go up or down accordingly. i will also be offering other promodel saws in this exchange program but i am getting the ball rolling with the 372. if you want a quote on another model send me an email to [email protected] or give a call to the number in my sig.

Last edited:
ok guys for the cylinder exchange ,what i am expecting is as follows. i want a cylinder that has no scratches or aluminum transfer. no broken fins and no stripped holes,such as plug,decomp etc. i also would expect it to be reasonably clean. if it has thick layer of baked on pitch or sawdust i will charge you $25 for the clean up. if you send me a cylinder that is damaged i will have to charge accordingly. if you do not have a cylinder that is useable i can tailor a kit for you at an additional cost.

i had to ship a saw today parcel post becouse the priority shipping had almost doubled and then add the insurance it would have cost $75 when it should have been $40. i am going to be using the flat rate box.
if you think about it like this its a really great incentive to to it this way. to port a saw the way i normally do it is $250 plus you have to ship it both ways ,so at an average of $35 to ship it would cost you $320. this way you have to do a little work but you get a completely freshened up saw with a new piston and rings instead of reusing the current one. new muffler instead of your old dented rust one,fresh seals and gaskets,rebuild kit for the carb and a fresh new plug.

i will be setting the squish on these cylinders at .030 and that will allow for the possibility of the case being a little different. i havent found any real difference in cases from one saw to the next but have found differences in the cylinder and squish band. these will all be set the same so there should not be any problems. i have used case halves from 2 different saws on at least a couple of dozen occasions and have not yet found one that did not line up correctly. so that leaves me to believe that the machining on the cases are pretty uniform. besides all this the squish can be widened with the change of a gasket. i can even include a piece of soilder to test the squish with in the kit.

Last edited:
Would a 365 fall in this category or completely different ? Great idea nonetheless.

the 365 husky would be the same price as the 372.only difference in the kit would be piston and cylinder.

for all you stihl guys i just finished figuring up the "wicked work saw ms460 kit". i will be able to offer up this kit for the same price as the 372 kit ($350). this kit will include
"wicked work saw ms460 kit"
1-ported cylinder exchange
1-complete gasket set including seals
1-carb kit
1-spark plug
1-dual port muffler​

stay tuned there are more kits available and there will be an introductory price for the first 10 customers. you dont want to miss out on these savings.

i can port the 084 the traditional route but i doubt ill be able to come up with a proper complete kit.

What kind of results could you get with an aftermarket 395xp kit from meteor. I have a brand new 395xpg and I don't want to chop up the original cylinder and hear the meteor kit is of very good quality and close to oem. I think the kit is $140 how much to port it?

i can do you up a meteor kit but it will be more expensive than exchanging your cylinder. the up charge will be $100 on any "wicked work saw kit"

Im sure there is something im missing here, so bear with me because i am sincere. If i already have a perfect OEM cylinder and piston why wouldnt i send it to another porter who advertises about $250 to port a saw. I keep everthing OEM and he does all the work? I didnt think a muffler mod and a couple of gaskets were worth a $100 but thats why im asking with all sincerity.

Latest posts

Back