Wife says I have too many saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 4 and I cut wood for a living. 2 460s, a 360 and an 036.

Have been a few times where they all broke within a few days and I had to use a shop saw. Last time it was a Husqy 2100, loud, vibrating and heavy SOB!

Wifey told me the same thing. I decided to appease her by selling off a pair that don't run for parts. Both will go out the door for shipping cost only. If that fails, the Good Will says they will take them. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
You do know that Good Will is a For Profit company and they dont donate a single penny to any charitable cause except the owners own pocket. I will say they have a heck of a business plan, Doop people into donating things they dont need and then selling it and pocketing all proceeds. All the while paying their help minimum wage and using volunteers to cleanup the donations and stock the shelves.

Dang it, I hate it when I am wrong. I had read many reports about Goodwill, all saying pretty much what i just wrote. after posting I decided to do a little research, and glad i did. Now a cut and paste of what i found.
  • Goodwill: Goodwill Industries International is not a business that takes in donated items and resells them for a profit. It is a not-for-profit organization that provides job training, employment placement services and other community-based programs for people who have disabilities, lack education or job experience, or face employment challenges. Goodwill raises money for their programs through a chain of thrift stores which also operate as non-profits.

The CEO of Goodwill Industries International is not Mark Curran, nor does he make $2.3 million a year. The current President and CEO of Goodwill is Jim Gibbons, who in 2011 received a total reported compensation of $725,000.
This not what all the false rumors have said. Further more, If you click on the link about Jim Gibbons, his Bio points to a person that has been involved in charitable work for most of his career, Gibbons earned his B.S. in industrial engineering from Purdue University, and a M.B.A. from the Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration, where he was the first blind person to graduate with a master’s in business administration.

Dabburn it, I could have just deleted my post, but now feel better about a charity that I have been avoiding for years because of false rumors. Now everybody can go ahead and flame me for being a jerk.

Back