Wife wanted a front yard...I got to cut....hehe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I've seen different publications call for different settings. Some say start both1 turn out, others have said start both at 1 1/4 turn out. This is on my 028 AV Super, which I would think is comparable to yours. Don't forget though, these are starting points. All said and done, my settings seem to end up near 3/4 on the L, and between 1 and 1 1/4 on the H.

Oh, and another thing. They say that you should start your adjustments with the idle screw turnes out (not hitting the idle plate), and that setting the L screw Rich will idle the saw. Well, my saw WILL NOT idle by manipulating the L screw only. I have to have the idle screw set also in order to idle my saw. Not sure why, but that's how it rolls.

Last edited:
I had a similar problem with the same saw... Ethanol gas (required in DE) chewed up the fuel line. There was a tiny hole that would only leak a tiny bit if pressure was applied - but enough for it to suck air and only barely run when choked.

Check your fuel line.

Well you are half done... now you need to get the stumps out.

I hear ya stumps do sux.:agree2:

I cleaned the airfilter and set the H,L adjustments to 1 1/2 damn thing fired right up. Got her tuned up now to H 1 1/2 and L is about 1. You guys are an awesome sorce of information.

Thanks

Last edited:
:jawdrop: Rent a stump grinder for a week... ???

The Delaware way would be a D8 with a stump rake... Re grade and topsoil.

Last edited:
:jawdrop: Rent a stump grinder for a week... ???

The Delaware way would be a D8 with a stump rake... Re grade and topsoil.[/QUO
That's my first thought. However if I can get it done at a reasonable price i would go that way as I don't have alot of time.

do you have a shovel and a good truck? dig/pull em out and save some$$$...if you have the time.

do you have a shovel and a good truck? dig/pull em out and save some$$$...if you have the time.

Really? You aren't serious are you?

If you are, add to that a 20# digging bar, heavy mattock, axe suitable for chopping roots and plan ahead for time off to recover from the shoulder surgery. :)

Well its all done now I got all 14 stumps done for $300.00. I thought that was a steal. Now i have more grass to plant. crap...lol:givebeer:

The dude had a BIG stump grinder "redneck style" as he put it. He took an old F150 4x4 cut it in half and welded the grinder to the back of the truck. The thing worked awesome. and so much more moveable wow.

Pic of Redneck stump grinder

I didn't know that my wife took this one but boy did it work good. No backing a trailer or stuff like that alot easier on my yard.

Tim

Holy Cow! Definately redneck style. I like it! If it works there isn't much a guy can say about it. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back