Will my Wild Thing pull a 18" 3/8 full chisel? not LP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brad1000s

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Yes folk I did it. I put 18" 3/8 b&c on my wild thingy. I used the clutch hub and rim sprocket off a junk 2054 turdblow. I am going to see what happens tomorrow. What do you guys think?

If you can sharpen a chain it might do ok lol. honestly I think it will do ok if you feed it slowly on bigger trees, just my 2 cents.

Yes folk I did it. I put 18" 3/8 b&c on my wild thingy. I used the clutch hub and rim sprocket off a junk 2054 turdblow. I am going to see what happens tomorrow. What do you guys think?

You dont say but I am assuming you switched to .325 pitch? If so I would ngo with narrow kerf chain and bar. Even then dont be heavy handed.

I'm on my second Wild Thing, and I'm a bit of a defender of them, I guess. They start and run more reliably than some want to admit. But no way will it pull 3/8 full chisel through anything more than rotten Cottenwood or Poplar of any size.

When I saw your thread title my mind yelled "Why???". But in the name of fun lets see how she does in 18" of white oak. I put a full chisel on the mighty crapsmen and it took a light hand to feed it through oak on an 18 inch bar. I will agree with stevephillips though. I can forget about that old loaner for a year or so and it still fires right up with fresh gas. heck even old gas!

They serve their homeowner purpose well for the price. You just think you have Parkinson's disease when you try to hold your dinner fork that evening after you've tried to use it as a firewood saw all day. That's how half of us found this site!:shock:

Back