will power

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texx

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
well i am sad that i never got them but pleased at the will power i displayed.
i went to an estate sale on the weekend , ( i knew the old guy that had died quite well too,which made it a bit harder).
anyway at the sale there was a brand new still in the box has never even had the bar fitted 08S all shiney with the books and all plus 2 brand new bars and a stihl helmet and visor , it went for $700.00 au but that was not to hard to pass up i am more into bigger saws .
the reason i went to the sale was the other saw it was an 075 almost as new had not worn the paint off its first bar and i know it had done less than 2 hours work , with it was another stihl helmet and visor and i think 3 or 4 new bars, it went for $500.00 au . i had my mind made up that 400 was my limit because i am saving for a tractor .
the tractor i realy need the saw i just would of loved to have .
i am very sad that i could not buy it,i probably wont see another in that condition ever again but the tractor ( old second hand one )is my goal at the moment ,( oh how i wish i was rich some times )

Good show of restraint. Sometimes it is tough to separate the emotion of want and need. You had a price in mind and stuck to it.

Tex, stickin to your guns is hard at an auction. I have set max prices in my head, then wavered and gone higher. I will settle for a "deal" and/or a "fair" deal, but no more. I try never to bid on anything that I know nothing about, that's when you get burned. I was at a garage sale the other day. The guy had a Remington 522 Viper .22 w/scope. I know about several different models/makes of .22 and their value, but zero about the Viper. Bought it, went home and the info on the vast internet highway quickly confirmed that I just bought the worst .22 that Remington ever produced....:dunno:.....{sigh}

RD

thanks guys
i am still not happy about not getting the 075 cos it was in such good condition.
but the guy got it for 500 dont mean i would of got it for 550 because i rekon he was very keen and he would of just kept pushing it up so i pulled out early and he got a bargain . to me i rekon it was worth every bit of a thousand bucks but like i said i have my sights set on another tractor at the moment , i have 2 tractors already but i need a bigger one and with that i can make money on farm ( pumpkin patch ) , the saw would not of made me any money

I'd a bought um both or made him pay dearly for which ever one he got. That's why I love to go to auctions. If I can't get it I'll make um pay, been stuck a few times but it's so much fun.

Back