Will you be at TCI EXPO in Columbus OH - November 8 - 11?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it sound like a good time was had by all? Koa Man put the Spider lift guys in a good mood by carving them out a big, fat check so I approached these guys, and knowing that treeguys had been asking to go up for a ride in the lift for two days, and were getting turned down 100%, I decided to try an approach that actually worked, was legal and did not involve fibbing. I told them "I wished to shoot an aerial panorama for the guy who just bought a lift from you. I want a panorama shot of the tradeshow floor for his wife, so we can share with her this experience."

They hesitated. I smiled. They had their discussions amongst themselves and I went ahead and cued the video camera, "I'm ready." "This shouldn't take long." I sez. Heh heh.

The video of the tradeshow floor I've clipped down to one minute long. I need to get it crunched down so the dial-up guys won't have a hard time downloading it. Give me just a little while to finish up. It might be in two half parts if I put music with it.

Thank you for inspiring this, Mrs. Koa Wahini. I don't know if we could have gotten this video if it weren't for you.

Last edited:
TCIA Expo Pics

Here are some pics that TreeMachine & I took while at the TCIA Expo '05. Enjoy! HC

Last edited:
Tree Machine, you rock! I was honored meeting you and the other forum members. We have a great bunch of guys here.

Tree Machine said:
It was I that got to hang with a living legend.
...who told you that you MUST take that training course. As did your chief advisor, I believe. Instead, you're trapezing without a net tomorrow. Bon Chance!

Here's a shot of the Scare Pair:

attachment.php

Here's another living legend. I got to climb up in a Dawn Redwood with this cat. This was during a visit to the Dawe's Arboretum, the day after the EXPO.

This is totally for real

It gets better.

At the TCI EXPO I found an ascent/decent device that is an alloy of 37 naturally occuring Elements, some rare ones like Neodymium and Germanium. Here's a video of what the device allows you to do, and a verbal listing of the Elements of which it's made: Click here to view the Elemental Atomic Super-Duper Rappeller - Ascender :p

2.1 meg stream. Be patient.

HAHAHA!! Look at it this way Jim, when the time comes that you can't do tree work anymore, you could always go for the grand prize on Americas Funniest Videos.

Tree Machine,
You better get that leg healed up enough to go back to climbing. You got too much time on your hands. :laugh: Your imitation of the Croc Hunter had me cracking up.

Ummmm, does using a ladder count as an actual tree job? I started it pretty late in the afternoon, but it went really well. It was sort of a ladder-SRT hybrid, a simple, straight-forward takedown, non-technical, even though it was over a pool and an AC unit, copper gutters, slate and leaded windows a meter behind me. I miss my work so very much.

You can use the scoll ball to slow this into pieces. The time-lapse shots were set at one minute intervals.

Apparently, my leg is doing OK, though I'm not ready for big climbs yet.

I shot this takedown because it's my first job ever, using a ladder.

Latest posts

Back