Will you be at TCI EXPO in Columbus OH - November 8 - 11?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe@TCIA said:
Well we are 12 days away from EXPO! I just wanted to update everyone that I have spoken with Jim Clark (aka Tree Machine) and TCIA has negotiated a section in the food court area to be pipe and draped. Two tables in the area will be enclosed in this section and Jim said he would bring signage.

I don't know if you guys are aware of this or not, but the "food court" is located quite a distance away from the trade show floor and lecture rooms. You people may wish to make other arrangements like asking to use the Sherrill booth as a meeting place or something similar. I know this convention center well enough to tell others this current meeting place will be a problem.

(the 1st member to post as)Joe

If it is the food court on the trade floor, it is a straight line from the entrance. You will pass TCIA, Rayco, Sherrill, Arbortech then the food court. If it is the other one, with the all the different restaurants, then yes, it is quite a distance, from what I remember when I attended the 2001 Expo in Columbus. I think the Arborsite booth will be on the trade show floor.

Hey JPS I would be glad to meet you too. I will be easy to spot...just look for the handsome black haired, well tanned guy. :laugh:

food cour area

Here is a map of the EXPO floor.

Our intent is to be on the EXPO tradeshow floor, not in some distant part of the convention center. We definitely need a confirmation on this. For us to be interactive we need to be where the arborists are, and that is, on the trade show floor. There are no posts that have requested anything other than this.

Joe has been really helpful with us, and we are greatful. I'll make sure we're all clear on this, but in the meantime, if TCI EXPO was not already in your plans, what can we do to get you there? It's hard to describe the benefits to you as it's one of those things you just need to experience.

Mebbe tonight I'll describe my first EXPO experience, what I thought it would be like, and then what it actually was.

attachment.php

I'll Be there...

Wouldn't cha know, its the same week as my deer hunt (Black Powder) but I'll likely be there for Thursday, Friday for sure! I was a bit mad at myself cus last year it was in Detroit Michigan, less than 45 min from my home in Ontario, and I didn't even know about it till the week later! :dizzy: Haven't made hotel plans yet so it looks like a Holiday Inn for me! I'll be bringing that "Positioning lanyard Release System" www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=23617 ,to the EXPO so if anyone is interested in seeing it, look for a big tall guy (6'4" - 270lbs) with short blond hair hunting for bargains on the floor! My badge will read "HOBBY CLIMBER" but I'll answer to Bob as well. Hope to meet up with some of you guys and learn something new. BTW, I like beer as well as scotch and I hate drinking by myself! ;) Till then. HC

Last edited:
Last year, the EXPO was held at the Detroit Covention Center. I had been up Salmon fishing with my Grandpa in northern Michigan the week before and went to EXPO directly from there. I had no computer contact with ArboristSite for a week prior to the event.

I got to the EXPO on day 1 and went to the first evening free food and mingle. No one has Name Badges on, so unless you know someone already, or recognize the company name on the shirts they wear, you don't know anyone. I walked around, looking, I didn't see or know anyone, yet there were forum guys all over the room. It was a really empty feeling.

I spent the next severel days on the EXPO floor. I met up with the guys I knew: The Petzl guys, Samson, Jameson, Husqvarna, Future Forestry, Silky, Corona, Bandit, Bishop, Wall, Weaver, New England and a few others. I did not hook up with A SINGLE FORUM MEMBER.

It was a really good EXPO, but I went home feeling unfulfilled, especially when I finally got back home, got online and found out how many dudes were there and I never even knew it. I thought that for TCI EXPO 2005 we should maybe arrange something ahead of the event to assure that we all have some way of meeting up with each other. That brings us to the present moment.

Now, I've announced publicly an intention to create something that hasn't been done before; a common meeting place where forum members can personally meet each other. To me, that's the same as making a commitment. Now, regardless of the obstacles, I plan to honor that commitment. I may not (at this moment) be certain exactly how that will happen, but I am certain of this: We will make it happen.

EXCELLENT! Glad to hear it! We'll keep you updated on the Forum Guy meeting place.

Is there any chance of our British brothers, Scots, Kiwis, Aussies.... Would we be lucky enough to see any of you guys? If you're coming in from out of the country, I will buy you an ale. We would very much enjoy any of you that could possibly make it and I'll assist you in any way I can. 317-407-5113

We're gearing up for one of the best EXPO's ever! The more Arborists, THE BETTER!

I know Thor's Hammer from the UK will be there. He and I already made plans to have some tea together.

Keep your eyes on this thread. Rumor has it there'll be a get-together in a hotel suite Wednesday night after the free feed. A laptop will be set up, if anyone wants to bring some pics.
I'd also suggest that at the free feed we check one section of the meeting room, maybe the near/front left. One table may have "Forum" on it. ;)

Gee whiz. Funny you mention that rumor about the gathering on Wednesday night in the hotel suite. I heard about that, too.

Keep me informed. I would be most interested. Mebbe we can have 'tea' or something. :p

Haven't been to a TCIA Expo before. Just wondering if I would need to bring my saddle/rope etc with me or not. Fun Climbs ??? Just wondering. HC

Good point Tom, I'll be bringing it with me! I look forward to seeing you at the demo tree.

Last edited:
:laugh: People reported this thread?? LOL

I'll be there! Columbus in 2001 was an experience to remember, and I think I'm up to TCI Expo #6 or 7. Can't stop now!

My dad and I will both be there, introducing ourselves as relatives of each other. Riding on each other's coat tails. :) Staying at the Crowne Plaza.

Latest posts

Back