Will you be at TCI EXPO in Columbus OH - November 8 - 11?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nickrosinator said:
I'll be there! Columbus in 2001 was an experience to remember. Staying at the Crowne Plaza.
COOL !!! You're in large part the inspiration for setting a site for all of us to meet. I have personally met 3 forum members, John Paul Sanborn, Mike Maas and you. All were at Milwaukee a few years ago. JP and MM I stumbled across quite by accident. You, I had to hunt down.

Last year at Detroit I didn't meet ANYBODY. Nicrosis was there and I never saw you, even though I knew what you looked like.

That sorta 'wandering aimlessly hoping to see each other' can stop, simply because we set the intent to create something new.

TCIA Joe has not found us a space on the fringe of the EXPO floor yet. When we stated what we wished to have, which was a table nearby the Food Concession, he set us up at a food concession distant from where the action is. He's clear that this is not at all what we want, says it doesn't look possible. I say it is. It's just a table amidst a vast tradeshow floor. If this EXPO weren't being held specifically for us, I might not press it so much, but this is our game. We come there to spend money, buy new gear and advance our industry as a whole. Our goals are all in a big ring of mutual, interdependent support, TCIA, vendors, presenters, Arborists.

Whatever it takes, Joe. We believe in you.

TCI EXPO: "The Worlds Largest Show for Tree Care" - Columbus OH

Tree Machine,

I left you a message on Monday to update you on the status of your request and have not heard back.

If you give me a call, I can tell you the good news! However, if we are going to make this happen, then I need to speak with you ASAP.

JG

PS: I Look forward to meeting everyone at EXPO! This show is going to be HUGE!!!

We'd like to hear the good news from you here online. This isn't at all about me. I'm volunteering my voice on behalf of all the forum guys.

Share with us, Joe!

(But I will call you.)

TCI EXPO: "The Worlds Largest Show for Tree Care" - Columbus OH

I spoke with Tree Machine today on the telephone and we have made arrangments for booth space at TCI EXPO. Arboristsite.com forum will be located in booth #607.

To view a map of show floor click the following link:

Map of Show Floor

You will see in the map and on-site program that this booth was originally a home for MGIA (Michigan Green Industry Association); however, they could not make it. So now it's all yours!!!

Everyone must still must register to gain access to the booth. Registration can be made at www.treecareindustry.org.

In order to avoid the long lines, I highly suggest preregistering!

I hope the space provided will facilitate the connections among forum users. Again, don't forget to stop over in the TCIA booth to say hello.

Have fun and be safe!

JG

Cool, Diane and I will be there for Friday. It was the only way I could get her along, which was the only way she would consent to my attending :laugh:

Excellent John Paul! We'll look forward to meeting the little lady.

Joe@TCIA said:
I spoke with Tree Machine today on the telephone and we have made arrangments for booth space at TCI EXPO. Arboristsite.com forum will be located in booth #607.

This is the official word from the official source. We not only have a table, but we have a formal 10 x 10 booth space in a most excellent spot. When you enter, hang an immediate left and go up to the far corner.

Just like the forum sites, we'll exchange info about the TCIA event, tell ya where the sponsors booths are and who knows what else; after hours events, recreational climbs, whatever we make of it.

THANK YOU JOE. We know you had to talk to a number of people on our behalf to secure the arrangement.

Now let's show up there in numbers and have some FUN!
attachment.php

I'd like some more info on this rumor about the Wednesday evening after-feedfest possibly-drink-a-beer gathering at the Crowne Plaza. My understanding thus far is it will be in a suite shared by a couple of the forum members. Any truth to this?

My first TCI EXPO:

It was in Charlotte, North Carolina , like 10 years ago. I was actually intimidated to go there. I was training an apprentice at the time, and I said I'd pay his way, hotel, food and fuel if he's just go with me. I really had no idea what to expect, and I had these preconceived notions that is would be 'academic', that we'd be going from classroom to classroom. I don't know where I got that from.

We got there, stepped onto the tradeshow floor and I was blown away! As far as I could see, GEAR, and I don't mean just climbing gear. There was BIG gear; tree trucks, scissor lifts, bucket trucks, more chippers than I'd ever seen.... there was even a Bandit 250 XP painted the rainbow colors of Jeff Gordon's car. Stump grinders of every size, tub grinders....WOW! What an eyeful.

Then we got into the different booths of the different vendors. Dozens of different kinds of ropes, walls of caribiners, pruners and poles and clipper and nippers. AND THE SADDLES. I probably tried on twenty different saddles.

We missed one of our seminars because we were out on the EXPO floor in such awe. Chainsaws! Husqvarna was there, Echo was there, Stihl, Shindaiwa. I learned that 'real' arborist handsaws existed, not these silly things I was getting at Home Depot. Silky. I bought my first Silky Saw there, which was a life-changing experience in and of itself.

Safety gear. I bought my first set of chainsaw pants, a helmet for the apprentice and some ears. we learned that there are differents types of pads you can put on your spikes and you can try them all on. I got all my cabeling accessories and moved on from hardware store eyebolts and cable clamps to J-lags, extra high-strength cable and dead-end guy splices.

I learned that you can come to the EXPO and enjoy the tradeshow floor without having to take any of the classes. Of course, the seminars are a great part of the overall experience, but they weren't required like I thought they were. Also I thought if you came, you had to come for all three days- wrong. You just come and do the event however you wish, for however long is right for you.

My most impactful revelation was that this event was being put on SOLELY for the Tree Care Industry- my chosen profession. A custom-tailored, three day event made just for us, in the name of promoting our industry and all those who supply us.

Occasionally there is a year I can not attend, and it's painful. But not this year. This year the treeguys are coming out in full force, and TCIA is serving us up what they plan to be the biggest and best EXPO ever.

If you can break away for a day or two, just come on in. The admission to the trade floor was $15 for early signers, but is now $25, still a bargain for what it is. Plus, this year, you're almost guaranteed to meet other forum members.

Noobs, do yourself a giant, humongous favor. Do not let this opportunity pass you by. It will jump-start your career and you'll truly feel more a part of the profession. And certainly come over to booth #607. We'll answer any question you might have.

I was wondering just how many new members we have out there that are lurking without posting and are going to the Expo??? This would be a great time to make your first post, introduce yourself on line and let the rest know if your going to the show! HC

Definitely! Even if you can only swing one day and you have to come alone, you're not alone. Come up to the entrance, pay your $25 (you do not need to have reservations). Just show up, come in, wander on over to booth 607 and introduce yourself. The time will be worthwhile. There's just no other opportunity quite like a TCI EXPO.

hobby climber said:
I was wondering just how many new members we have out there that are lurking without posting and are going to the Expo??? This would be a great time to make your first post, introduce yourself on line and let the rest know if your going to the show! HC

I'm looking forward to going to the TCI this year, was there last year for the first time and it was money well spend!! I plan to go this year with a much more open mind when it comes to the equipment. I had one piece in mind I was going to buy and did not take alot of time looking at others of the same. But in the end this year I bought a different make than the one I first had in mind, and wished I'd looked more at the others. But looking forward to it and I also hope to meet some of the members.

Aerial

607 my Canuck bruther. Tell all yoor phookin buddies, and bring the Tree Machine a 6er of Brador eh? See ya dare!

I'll be there Friday. I agree with JPS some won't be able to make it for having to work during the week.

Mike

It's Monday. EXPO starts Wednesday of this week. Last-minute decisions to go are OK. What matters is that you get there and soak up the benefit. Remember, this show is not for TCIA. TCIA is holding the show for you.

Treeseer - say hi if you see me or my dad! PM or e-mail me if you can, it'd be great to connect there.

Swing by booth 607, Nick. Or if you see a dude limping around the trade floor, it's probably me. It'll be good to see you again.

Back