Woo hoo new craigslist splitter!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick2752

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just got home with my new to me Rayco, I could only have dreamed about a splitter like it. I would never spend 5 or 6 grand for one. I havent run a timberwolf but cant imagine anything could be much better. The adjustable wedge is awesome and I have never had a loglift either. Best part !!!!!2600.00 bucks 13 horse honda, 5 inch ram, 22gpm pump 10 sec cycle time!!!! I gonna have to cut more big wood!!!!!!!

Looks good.

That hydraulic tank is way to big.. LOL Someone had to be the first to find fault in it..

I have never seen nor used a splitter with a log lift. That being said it looks like there are 4 control levers. What do they all do??

If I had to assume I would guess

1)Ram
2)Log lift
3)Adjustable wedge

But what does the other do??

With all those levers, I could see getting confused after a beer or three:cheers:

I questioned the same thing about the 4th lever. It is an auto split, if you pull both levers forward they will stay and it will cycle the ram all the way forward then return by itself. Pretty cool when splitting by yourself so I can get another log. Only issue I see so far is cleaning up the split logs....they pile up quick!!! lol.. I will work on the video but never posted one so I will give it a try. Only wood thru so far is big box elder and some pin oak, both never slowed it down, and the honda is sooooo much quieter.

fresh too

That baby is not very old either. The way the top of the 4 way is boxed and the steel plate that backs up the wedge, is the way they are currently being made. I bought a new one in January. I agree with you, it is a beautiful splitter. The way the wedge is pinned to the lift cylinder is new too.

I am sure you have bought the last splitter you will ever need.

Joe

Just got home with my new to me Rayco, I could only have dreamed about a splitter like it. I would never spend 5 or 6 grand for one. I havent run a timberwolf but cant imagine anything could be much better. The adjustable wedge is awesome and I have never had a loglift either. Best part !!!!!2600.00 bucks 13 horse honda, 5 inch ram, 22gpm pump 10 sec cycle time!!!! I gonna have to cut more big wood!!!!!!!

very nice machine, man!!!

best of luck with it. get out there and split some wood.

WOW... what a find! I'd been all over that one. in Columbus, Ohio?

attachment.php

Last edited:
Yea Columbus Ohio

Funny thing I never check that one, I always check dayton and cincy but hardly ever check Columbus. It was just a fluke find, I was going to build one and was researching all the options I wanted but I dont think I could round up the parts for that kinda money. Just bored and playing, found it the night he posted it. He told me he couldnt believe all the calls he got after me, I didnt tell him he was probably a solid grand cheap.....(Afraid he might back out.) He.He...

i live in licking county , newark , im on c l every day , and didnt see that one , great find . since your close , come try it out at my place . :jawdrop: hoot

That baby is not very old either. The way the top of the 4 way is boxed and the steel plate that backs up the wedge, is the way they are currently being made. I bought a new one in January. I agree with you, it is a beautiful splitter. The way the wedge is pinned to the lift cylinder is new too.

I am sure you have bought the last splitter you will ever need.

Joe

The way saws are accumilating lets hope it doesn't happen now with splitters!

;)

Back