wood consumption

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
???????????????????????????? :dizzy:

I fail to understand your confusion. Perhaps a better-worded request for clarification - one consisting of more than a string of question marks and a "dizzy" smiley - would assist me in explaining myself better.

If it's simply a matter of vocabulary, here's an attempt.

The word punky relates to what you Maine folks call wood that's "pooched." That is, firewood that, through exposure to the elements for too long, no longer possesses optimal heat content.

Woofah is an onomatopoeia - a word whose meaning is derived from the sound it describes. For example, the word "crash" sounds like the thing it describes. Woofah wood goes "whoof" in the firebox because it burns so quick.

If further explanation is required, let me know. As an aside, please word your question in, well, words. I'm punctuation and smiley illiterate.

About 30 of these. I have no idea as to cord amounts. I suspect something like 1/2 cord per load which would equal about 15 cords last winter.
ry%3D400

average about 1 cord or less may tru sept heating dhw, 6cord oct tru apr maybe a cord or more in the shop stove, bout 8 give or take a few sticks only propane on the place is on the camper.

Here in Michigan

I burn about 7-9 cord. But that is heating from Oct. 1st thru mid April. I have about 2400 sq. ft. I heat with a inside Englander wood furnace. It is alot of fun and sure keeps me honest and saves on propane costs.

I have a 2000sq foot 2 story in ontario i have 4 bush cord stacked and that will cover me for the winter ,even if i burn early and late into march!We burn 24/7 turned my furnace on 3 times last winter!:chainsaw:

have a 2,000 sq ft well insulated split level in northwestern Pa. ,no other heat source besides my Englander 28-3500 wood furnace .burned about 6-7 cords of hardwood for the 08/09 winter season and kept house a cozy 70-80degrees.

It all depends on whether or not I decide to work or take the winter off. This past winter...I stayed home...so burned wood daily...a little over 3 cords and my house was around 80 most of the time just the way my dogs like it. If I decide to work all winter....I burn less than a cord. I never run the woodstove unless I am here to attend it myself. My wife means well, however, she couldn't run a woodstove to save her butt. I have tried many a time to show her the basics but she is one of those women who was born knowing everything and can't do anything right.

Back