Wood drying pretty fast.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
With the 90F temps and low humidity the wood i cut during rhe winter is drying fast.
The creek is nearly so dry you can cross with out getting your feet went in many places.
That normally does not happen till mid September.
I think I am going to try to make time to move it to the house in a few days.

Al

I cut some cherry 2 weeks ago and split it last weekend, seems to be drying very quickly.
I'm in northern N.Y. and the temps have been in the mid 80's and very little rain in the past month.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

We had a record breaking dry and sunny Spring. We also seem to be having more windy weather than normal. June and July have been largely grey and showery but the previous weather must have got my stacks drying ahead of normal. Not that it matters much as this lot is for winter 21/22 anyway but I do as to sometimes think is there really much need to be a year ahead? I guess knowing I've a year of heat banked and the pressure isn't there is a big positive though.

Been a normal summer here so far.
Nice compared to last years 80s+ temps.
Got up to 76* over the weekend, hottest it's been so far.
Been a few days highs in the upper 50s, lows 60s. Almost needed to light the stove.

Until Saturday afternoon we only had one rain in the past several weeks. The river in town was lower than I had ever seen it. Some areas got up to 3" on Saturday afternoon, everyone got some rain Sunday and everyone up here got several inches yesterday.

I wish I had gotten more wood done in June but just did not happen. Hot, muggy, and buggy now for the next 4 weeks.

Cool down to the low 80's Saturday and Sunday then right back up to the mid 90's.

Sounds if it isn't going to get any cooler in thr for seeable future.

Al

We finally got 3 tenths of an inch yesterday afternoon.

First rain we have had in over a week.

Al

Back