Wood fairy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ReggieT

ReggieT

Addicted to ArboristSite
Huge update for me! Finally talked to the actual owner. It's a local lawyer, and I went to highschool with him! He asked me to sign a hold harmless paper (guess if I get hurt its not his fault) and I pay $35 bucks for processing through his office and BAM! I officially have permission to cut what ever I want to! He said he had bought the land and hired a "third party" (who wouldn't let me cut) to oversee and manage the timber. It's getting replanted next year in southern yellow pine so I have a new spot to cut!

Thanks
:happybanana:AWESOME WAY 2 GO!

turnkey4099
Have a friend who uses them for their pigs. I'll have to see if they want another load.

Hand your kids a couple gallons of glue and have them remake them into firewood. Should keep them busy awhile.

On second thought, forget that. Kids/glue/noodles?....not a good combination.

Harry K

ReggieT

ReggieT

Addicted to ArboristSite
I ran into another really nice patch that was being piled and burned also. It was too far away for me though. Makes one want to puke.

Harry K
Tell me no more...speak not on this wise Harry...psychologically I can't handle it!!...perfectly good locust going up in "non-redeemable smoke!"
TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!:mad::mad:
This beckons for the highly controversial clandestine maneuver known as "Midnight Skidding!" :innocent:

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
. AS Supporting Member.
Hand your kids a couple gallons of glue and have them remake them into firewood. Should keep them busy awhile.

On second thought, forget that. Kids/glue/noodles?....not a good combination.

I'd probably end up missing a kid or two and have a surprisingly large presto-log in the pile. :eek:

Anyway, my friend slaughtered their pigs the day I asked them. Guess I'm stuck with some noodles for a bit. I can always take them to my local yard-waste dump that the town provides.

turnkey4099
I'd probably end up missing a kid or two and have a surprisingly large presto-log in the pile. :eek:

Anyway, my friend slaughtered their pigs the day I asked them. Guess I'm stuck with some noodles for a bit. I can always take them to my local yard-waste dump that the town provides.

Anyone running chickens will appreciate them for bedding or nest box. I had to convince my neighbor of that until she tried it. I can't keep her supplied now.

Some people like them for animal (including dog) bedding but I suspect the would get tangled in any long haired animal.

Anybody around who gardens? They will till in nicely.

Harry K