Wood furnace?perhaps not

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 5 places. If you take off the shield, the first two cracks were on either side of the stove toward the front. Next there is a crack right in the middle of the rear air manifold. Two more cracks appear at the corners of the rear air manifold. They changed out the design and it may have been in 2009. If your stove has the ACC or automatic combustion control, then it is of the new design. My stove was made in 2004. I believe the company sold out in 1999 to Home Heating Technologies (or something to that effect) and it was then they purchased steel from China to keep costs low. I have had not one thing made with China steel hold up.

Mine does have the ACC, thanks for the info.

Mine does have the ACC, thanks for the info.

There are some who think the 4300 actually out heats the 5700. I need to make a decision on this: wood stove or Energy King 385. There is next to nothing in the form of testimonials for the EK 385 that came out in 2011. I even emailed the company asking for some and never got answered. The old ones were wood hogs. I could easily get 12-14 hr burns with the old Quad 5700 I had but it had a 3.5 cu. ft. box as compared to the newer one with 3 cu ft. I know someone on this forum has a new design 5700 in an unfinished basement as mine is and he seems to like it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back