wood hauler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

torence 20

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hey guys i though i would share my new find today i picked up a manure spreader pto driven got it for a great price. previous owner was a very very nice man big help getting it ready to tow home. anyway here are some photos should make a great hauler

Attachments

• Manure Spreader 2015 IMG_0635 (10).JPG
    Manure Spreader 2015 IMG_0635 (10).JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Manure Spreader 2015 IMG_0635 (3).JPG
    Manure Spreader 2015 IMG_0635 (3).JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Manure Spreader 2015 IMG_0635 (9).JPG
    Manure Spreader 2015 IMG_0635 (9).JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 149
  • Manure Spreader 2015 IMG_0635 (8).JPG
    Manure Spreader 2015 IMG_0635 (8).JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 120
sweet find... is it possible to use the conveyer after removing the spreader? maybe it would break?? idk. whats your plan?

I have two spreaders, without the beater bar on the back they "self unload" quite well.

My bigger one is a walking beam, I may junk the bulk of the spreader part and make a "walking beam" dump trailer out of it... I haven't decided yet...

SR

yes the apron chain will still operate after the beater is removed and i plan on taking a 5 hp horziontal shaft motor and run a belt from it to a jack shaft and then from the jack shaft via roller chain to the yoke where the pto shaft used to slide on. step down the 5 horse from 3k to 540ish and then i will disable the "speed selector" in the front and duplicate it in the back of the unit where i will be standing.. so i can control how fast the wood comes to me. i will also probably build a swing open tailgate with thin tube steel and expanded steel

picked up 2 briggs 5 hp i/c horizontal shaft motors today with a gear reduction on them one runs great the other needs some work but anyways that should run my apron chain no problem and it will use alot less fuel. so if i haul a load of firewood somewhere i dont have my tractor waitn at the other end it will still unload its self

Back