Wood ID Help?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimfound

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hoping to get feedback from the board to help id this wood. It has a distinct orange color and white pith aound the edges. Mulberry? I can get more/better pictures if needed.

thanks guys.

Looks like Cherry to me?

Did it have a milky sap when you cut it?

Great. Thanks guys thats what I was hoping. Have been wanting to smoke some chicken with mulberry for awhile and now I can.

Don't think cherry...bark is all wrong. I've cut enough cherry to be able to spot that pretty good. I can definititrly see the resemblance though...

That there is definitely mulberry. Great firewood.
image336.jpg

After doing a little research, and finding this definite pic of mulberrry, looks like it!

I checked out the Wood ID Reference threas (sticky at the top of the page) and there was some mulberry in there that looks just the same. Even saw the white strip just under the bark.

Should I add to the wood ID Reference thread? Too bad but I don't think I can go in and post it along with the other mulberry post. It would be nice to be able to put my mulbeery example in that thread right next to the existing mulberry pics. Otherwise you have a scrolling thread where evrything is not grouped together...instead its just in the order that people post. Moderators, any way around that? Ah well, better than nothing.

Latest posts

Back