Wood pile so far

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clutch25

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
As some of you may know....I worked my backside off last winter getting wood the hard way. Now, I get to move it all out of my mom's yard and into the field that I couldn't get to due to snow cover. In Oct. I will move it all to my house about 35 miles. I will probably try and talk a buddy out of a grain truck for a day to make it in one trip.

Pile so far...and I've got another .3 cord of oak in the yard and about 1/2 cord of ash to be split and stacked.

4-26-09051.jpg

NO...Daddy isn't going to give you the keys! Getting locked out of the truck once is enough!

4-26-09043.jpg

Dang thorn bushes!!!

4-26-09037.jpg

Truck with a load of old downed oak...

4-26-09038.jpg

Burning some of the bark...

4-26-09068.jpg

Nice place you've got there. I'm guessing that's not all for the bonfire pit?

Thanks! It belongs to my mom....used to be my grandparen'ts place and I hope to get it some day (when? I'm 37 so who knows!).

NONE of that wood shown is going in that pit!!!!! Only the bark and punky ash that I find. The wood is going to heat my garage next winter and hopefully save me some $$$...with the saws, furnace etc...hoping for a 4 year payoff.

haha you got locked out too? my brother locked my dad out of the car. time for dad to take out the slim jim.:chainsawguy: nice pics

I like that firepit, looks like the stackable landscape bricks, How do they hold up to the fire? I had some bricks I thought were firebrick & they would explode when they got hot.

That's all they are!

The concrete pad for them has been there for about 50 years...those bricks probably going on 7 with no cracks. I've gotten it pretty hot too...burning Lawn Boy mag. decks for fun.

Back