Wood Powered Humidifier

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bore_pig

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I use my stove as a humidifier too. Got an old bread pan sitting on top filled with water. How many of you guys do something similar?

mines in the cellar, so far its heating the whole house great. all i did was take the cellar door off. ive thought of doing the same thing but i dont see a need to make the cellar humid. now if the stove was upstairs id do it. the 2 years i used my insert i ran a small one in the living room as the stove top dosent get hot enough to boil water.

I used to keep a cast iron pot full of water on our wood stove. Now that we heat with an insert, the best I can do is keep a hammered copper pitcher on the end of the little shelf that runs across the front under the doors. One of the hot air vents blows on it and evaporates the water. It only gives up about a pint or so a day but it's better than nothing.

i forgot about my fish tank. i have a46 gallon bow front tank in the living room. when i was running the insert to heat the house 100% seemed i was adding water to the tank all the time. i have everybit of the top covered too, kinda amazes me the water still evaporates that way.

Steamer

When I had my Vermont Castings Encore the top lid got a lot hotter and I could boil water out of one of those fancy cast iron steamers but the new stove, a dutchwest, doesn't get as hot on top. We've gone with a purty blue stock pot and it works well and you can put a good bit of water in one. The cast iron steamer just doesn't put out as much steam.

Back