wood thief update

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the thieves around here are too lazy to steal firewood. That's too much like work!

Most of the thieves around here steal stuff to sell to pay their electric bill.

I heard of a fellow on a pre-paid electricity plan. What?!? How bad do you have to be for them to make you PRE-PAY for your juice?

Most of the thieves around here steal stuff to sell to pay their electric bill.

I heard of a fellow on a pre-paid electricity plan. What?!? How bad do you have to be for them to make you PRE-PAY for your juice?

Could be worse...how bad does it have to be to get a coin-operated electric meter?

prepay_coinop_elemech2.jpg

Reconditioned prepayment electric meters, single phase, card operated meters and 3 phase meters, etc.

Find a pattern, then catch them in the act. If you can block their exit, then you're golden as you can passively prevent them leaving before the cops show up.

I'd also look into the game cams that have cell service and email you in real time.

Our neighbor caught a guy siphoning fuel oil out of his tank. The other neighbors found the guy in the morning handcuffed to the oil tank with a hose and a gas can nearby. His pants were nowhere to be found and no charges were ever filed.

Our neighbor caught a guy siphoning fuel oil out of his tank. The other neighbors found the guy in the morning handcuffed to the oil tank with a hose and a gas can nearby. His pants were nowhere to be found and no charges were ever filed.

I wonder how much crap a guy would get if ya hand cuffed him to a power pole and put a sign on him saying fuel thieve.. Of course pant less.. :laugh:

Is a really really dumb person here in Michigan to steal fire wood or produce from a field. Is easier in the burbs to take electronics, tools and firearms from peoples homes and run them across town to the Pawn shop for quick cash. Then they can sit on there butts and use gas or electric to heat their homes and pay for their beer & chips.
Lucky for you who buy saws from pawn shops people don't keep serial numbers for that stuff, so you don't get caught with that stolen saw.

:D Al

I thought we had it bad. So I guess booby traps are out of the question. Paintball gun would be assault and battery. Law doesn't care. Shame won't work on them. Electric fence maybe? With plenty of warning signs?

a trap would constitute a man trap and a stint in the house and as for a paintball gun would you
believe that is a firearm here and you need a licence and a safe to put it in so point at any one
and in jail you go

you can't even put up a sign that says any thing about ya dog coz then you are admmiting you have a
dangerous dog and to have one of them will cost you $10000

Build a few extra "bird houses" so the one doesn't stick out.. as to say.. come check me out..

I put up two bird houses with cameras in them when the neighbors were stealing my firewood.. I also knew they liked to commit acts of vandalism so that was another reason for the cameras. Didn't take them long to figure out there were cameras in them.

A couple years later they falsly accused me of spraying some of their plants with weed killer and called the cops on me.. of course nobody could prove anything but the cops hosted a "mediation" session with all parties and I was accused (even by the cop) of being "creapy" because I hid cameras in fake bird houses..... The cameras were pointed at MY property, not theirs.

F*** them all. The cameras are still there.

I put up two bird houses with cameras in them when the neighbors were stealing my firewood.. I also knew they liked to commit acts of vandalism so that was another reason for the cameras. Didn't take them long to figure out there were cameras in them.

A couple years later they falsly accused me of spraying some of their plants with weed killer and called the cops on me.. of course nobody could prove anything but the cops hosted a "mediation" session with all parties and I was accused (even by the cop) of being "creapy" because I hid cameras in fake bird houses..... The cameras were pointed at MY property, not theirs.

F*** them all. The cameras are still there.

he must be an ex australian cop

You Aussie's need to get out from under that unarmed British Empire thing. Where's Croc Dundee when you really need him? ;o)

fish'in in NY harbor with a stick of jelly LOL :waaaht:

we all ready know when they draw up a new constitution of australia fire arms ain't gunna be a part of it

Last edited:
Yes it is sad that you can not protect your own without being condemned for doing so.
Back in the day out on the farm if my family members caught a perp they were pointed at the lake told to start walking. ( lake was for the most part less than 5' deep course a few areas were deeper and then there was the quick sand spots here and there) No other options were given.

I just wish i had a eskavator

attachment.php

should be able to dig a big enough hole with one of these lol

So I guess boring a hole in the end of a piece of firewood and putting in 20-25 grains of pistol powder followed by a strategically
place wooden plug to be left in your stack wouldn't be considered neighborly when the thieves help themselves ? I just may have to
rethink my tactics. Could always report the incident to a homeowners association, If I lived in town.

So I guess boring a hole in the end of a piece of firewood and putting in 20-25 grains of pistol powder followed by a strategically
place wooden plug to be left in your stack wouldn't be considered neighborly when the thieves help themselves ? I just may have to
rethink my tactics. Could always report the incident to a homeowners association, If I lived in town.

thankyou just so happens i got 4lb of powder i don't need now it has a use

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back