Woodchuck info/help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDiver40

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I picked up a 12in. woodchuck highroller 1200 with a john deere diesel on it.
So far everything seems to be working and running pretty well. I need to open it up and check the knifes and adjust a few things before i'll be completely happy with it.
Does anyone have or know where I can get a service/parts manual for this machine?
I havent gotten very far with the altec website, I heard they bought out the woodchuck brand? Not sure if this is true or not?
Thanks Tom

IMG_20101203_170112.jpg

yea altec bought out woodchuck, you have to call altec to get parts and what not, website will not give you any info 1-877-GO ALTEC.

Thanks PAtreeguy i'll give that a shot tomorrow. The website wasnt getting me any place at all and what i found didnt list the number. Now i'll give them a try.
I just tore into the chipper and the knifes look almost new. Guess I got lucky on that part anyway.
I'm not sure about the hydraulics on the rollers. It doesnt seem to be as strong as I thought it would be when it is pulling in a limb.
I'm hoping the manual will show a bit more about that part.
Thanks for your reply
Tom

Two things I find to be the problem with pulling in limbs, Is on the safety stop bar, there is the plastic piece that goes from the stop bar to the hyd valve bank. The plastice piece gets worn and the hyd valve is not open fully, Problem 2 a build up of chips and debris around the feed roller not allowing the the roller to sit flat, Hopw this helps.

Thanks much. I just got off the phone with them. He emailed me a PDF verison of the manual. Was very helpful and didn't seem to mind helping me.
Thanks to both of you for your help
Tom

Back