WoodlandPRO 63 RP chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just noticed Baileys has WoodlandPRO 63 RP chain listed. 3/8 lopro/picco ripping chain. I believe it was discontinued but seems to be back.

I've had great results with stihl 63 PMX chain , but the woodland is about 1/2 the price.

Is this the same chain/quality that people were using a few years back?

Howdy,
The original Woodland Pro LoPro ripping chain was 30LR and made by Carlton. The claim in the copy is that it's made by Blount now. If you decide to go with the 63PMX, we're at $549.00 per 100', or $.50 per drive link.
Regards
Gregg

Hi Greg,

Thanks for breaking the ice.

What are your feelings of the old Carlton product vs Blount? As Carlton is now part of Blount. And now Blount has since been taken up by new owners, has manufacturing changed/relocated? Do you know where the various Blount chains are now made? If you don't feel comfortable commenting on this that's fine.

I really liked the old Carlton when Carlton was Carlton years ago.....I cut a lot of cordwood with that. It was a quality USA chain at a great price.

I never got to try the 30LR as a comparison to the 63 PMX as I had a good stash of the stihl chain at the time and was happy with it. People on this forum seemed to like the 30LR.

The price of the 63 PMX now scares me. I wonder what makes a roll of 63 PMX worth a $100 more than a 100' roll of 63 PM? Is it the "logosol" premium?

I might try the 30 RP and see how it holds up for 1/2 the price.

Your quoted PMX price is better than what is posted at your online site. Is this so for the 30 RP too?

Howdy,

I was just trying to shed some light on the old 30LR product from Carlton. I'm not with Bailey's anymore, that's why the difference in price on the 63PMX.

I'm pretty sure Bailey's accesses their 63PMX from Logosol because it's not available through North American distribution from Stihl. Whereas the 63PM they buy catch as catch can on the open market.

You mentioned 30RP. That's the full size 3/8" pitch. We only carry the Oregon 72RD. I saw where Bailey's was at $799.00 per hundred, we're at $590.00.

Regards
Gregg

Howdy,

I was just trying to shed some light on the old 30LR product from Carlton. I'm not with Bailey's anymore, that's why the difference in price on the 63PMX.

I'm pretty sure Bailey's accesses their 63PMX from Logosol because it's not available through North American distribution from Stihl. Whereas the 63PM they buy catch as catch can on the open market.

You mentioned 30RP. That's the full size 3/8" pitch. We only carry the Oregon 72RD. I saw where Bailey's was at $799.00 per hundred, we're at $590.00.

Regards
Gregg

WHOOPS!!!!

I meant to say 63RP WoodlandPRO that is lowpro/picco ripping chain

Latest posts

Back