Woodmaster 4400 question?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adraptor150

Reaction score
I love the stove and have only one complaint...the hy differential. Its set for a 10 degree difference. Temp set at 170 and once the temp hits that the fan shuts off. It then wont kick on until it drops down to 160. I looked in the manual on how to change the hy differential and for some reason when I go thru the process it doesn't give me the option to change it. Any suggestions?

I love the stove and have only one complaint...the hy differential. Its set for a 10 degree difference. Temp set at 170 and once the temp hits that the fan shuts off. It then wont kick on until it drops down to 160. I looked in the manual on how to change the hy differential and for some reason when I go thru the process it doesn't give me the option to change it. Any suggestions?

Press and hold the set button and the prg button, (down arrow), until it enters program mode. Once your in program mode press the prg button until HY is displayed and then press set. Use the up down arrows to set the differential. Press set again or wait a little and it will automatically return to run mode.

ya' have to push the "center" of the set button,, no ham fisting here,,if your off to one side or the other all your doing is pushing the up or down arrow,,ya' gotta' push and hold on the CENTER of the "set" button for a couple seconds. Then use the up/down arrow to adjust your temp.
It's so automatic for me any more I can't recall what "code/message" appears. I look for the tiny green lite to blink in in upper left corner of the digital display.

It gives me the option for everything but the hy diff. US...LS...ALL AND PEB. Thats the only things i can change in program mode. Having that ten degree difference kills the dam fire because it takes about an hr or a lil less for it too drop the the ten degrees as of right now. If anything thats prob a good diff during the winter because the temp will drop alot faster.

If you can't get it from the guys advise give WM a call. The couple times I have need a bit of help they were very good over the phone.

One of my pet peaves of internet forums is when somebody asks a question such as this and instead of answering the question there are 22 replies like don't screw with it! or why do you want to mess with it etc etc etc. :mad:

That being said would you mind explaining what problems you are experiancing due to the HY diif or what you are looking to gain? My 4400 has been set at 10 degrees HF for six years and am thinking about experimenting the other direction, a wider HF spread as an effort to gain more draft off time??

Last edited:
If you can't get it from the guys advise give WM a call. The couple times I have need a bit of help they were very good over the phone.

One of my pet peaves of internet forums is when somebody asks a question such as this and instead of answering the question there are 22 replies like don't screw with it! or why do you want to mess with it etc etc etc. :mad:

That being said would you mind explaining what problems you are experiancing due to the HY diif or what you are looking to gain? My 4400 has been set at 10 degrees HF for six years and am thinking about experimenting the other direction, a wider HF spread as an effort to gain more draft off time??

I did exactly that...reached out to WM. All i can say is wow... prob the best tech dept out there. I spoke with Tom and he walked me thru the issue I was having. The previous owner was an idiot and somehow got into the programming portion that only the tech's should have access too. So pretty much using the manual was no help to me. I was able to change my hy diff and i actually have it set at 4 degree difference. Why you may ask...i noticied the ten degree diff ended up killing the fire because for it too drop ten degrees it took over an hr. I prob will jack up the temp diff once the temps drop into the low 30s upper 20s.

Thats exactly why I stay out of the programming on mine. Id end up having to prop the door open with a stick in order to have heat until the new ETC unit arrived, LOL.

Latest posts

Back