woodmaster problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok...this what we did, On woodmaster stoves you can clean the upper part of the stove by pulling out the rod that opens the draft to clear the smoke, you pull it out about 18 inchs and it stops, but you trun it about 1/8 of a turn clockwise and it will pull out farther, didn't know that, you pull that back and forth and the junk fell out of there like crazey, did that a few times and its 12 degrees this morning and when i filled it up this morning the stove was at 160 degrees, look out 1 hour later and the stoves was shut down...180 degrees, hope that my problem...thanks...

Glad to hear you figured it out.

Now are you really burning that much wood? full cords? or face cords/ricks?

Help!

The draft fan on my Woodmaster 4400 just died. Anybody had this problem? The fan motor is not siezed and the flapper will move. I'm thinking the switch since no power is getting to the flapper solenoid and they all seem to be wired together. Looks like I'll be pulling the panel since it supposed to be in the 20's tonight and it's probably not good to leave the door open all night. Maybe I can hot wire it!

Unfortunately my dealer is MIA and the company is closed for the day. If another dealer is watching and local to the Flint, MI area, I'd appreciate a call. 810-845-5321

Thanks!

There is a snap disk safety switch on the rear of the furnace, if overheated it pops out to cut the current to controls and fan. It must be manualy reset. Take the rear access door off and it is under the insulation between the upper pipes. Should be able to follow the wires to it from the outside. Other wise prop the flap on the draft fan up just a bit, or leave the door open a while to build some heat. Cant leave it alone all night if you do this, may have to baby sit it until they can be reached at WM, PITA but better than burning Dino?

Latest posts

Back