woodpile pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brisawyer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Nibbled on the woodpile today split some of the pin oak with the maul only took 7 to get half a cord. Finally got the dump cyl installed on the wood hauler

ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]178050
ATTACH]

Last edited:
Took me longer to try and post the pics than it did to bust the wood and I still cant get them to show up. Gonna go study up on it.

Took me longer to try and post the pics than it did to bust the wood and I still cant get them to show up. Gonna go study up on it.

I hear you on trying to post pics. Send Turkeyslayer a pm he told me how to do it but can't find it right now.

Beefie

178065d1301516986-img00617-jpg

Not sure if I did it right but here is one of them.

Last edited:
Instructions for pics in post: type |IMG| at beginning of link and |/IMG| at end of link to show up in post. Replace the pipe | with the square brackets [] (had to do that so it shows up in text).

Nice old Fords man.

178061d1301516939-img00611-jpg

The ton truck is mine the others belong to a buddy pics are at his place. He has 8 or 10 old fords setting around its handy having parts around.

Nice!! Glad to see someone else workin big rounds!! Are you workin all that up with a maul? :msp_thumbup: The stacks look great. That's the one thing I really don't like doin. I usually don't get pass the pile. :D

Nice!! Glad to see someone else workin big rounds!! Are you workin all that up with a maul? :msp_thumbup: The stacks look great. That's the one thing I really don't like doin. I usually don't get pass the pile. :D

If your talking about my attempt at pic posting, the big one is still there(tornado take down)SS found it and we are gonna nibble at it saturday.
The stacks were split with a hydraulic.

Yep nibblin with the maul. Splitter is loaned to a family member. He put a new battery on changed oil and put on some new used tires so I cant rush him. I figure I will split at least 2 a day till they r gone I got 6 yesterday in hour and half.
Believe it or not some of the big rounds closest to the camera will split in half with 2-3 strikes,some is like rubber. The best way i have found to hand split that stuff is split it in half then go around it radially so it looks like pie. then the pie gets split crossways 3x. One round makes 45 pieces

Last edited:
My 2011-2012 pile - NW Minnesota

I count about 14 cords in this pile with quick math. Another 2 cord is sitting out there now waiting to be processed and stacked. Should have a bit left over for next season.

Back