woods port saw video thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't open the transfer tunnels at all.
And that's why what you do works for you.

Your numbers with my porting won't work,I've tried it.

I use to do that and could use more intake and exhaust duration but start opening the transfers up and it makes a screaming peaky saw and it took me a few saws to figure out that I needed to close the intake sooner to get cranking compression started sooner and I needed a lower exhaust to gain some grunt.

This 064 is 103 124 76.5
It will 4 stroke to a very high rpm

I use to do that and could use more intake and exhaust duration but start opening the transfers up and it makes a screaming peaky saw and it took me a few saws to figure out that I needed to close the intake sooner to get cranking compression started sooner and I needed a lower exhaust to gain some grunt.
I'm not raising the exhaust.

IMHO, it's a mistake to hog out the transfers, thereby killing transfer velocity. As a result, you end up having to close the intake early, thereby limiting the fuel charge that ends up in the CC to go BANG. At least that's how I look at it.

IMHO, it's a mistake to hog out the transfers, thereby killing transfer velocity. As a result, you end up having to close the intake early, thereby limiting the fuel charge that ends up in the CC to go BANG. At least that's how I look at it.
And that's perfectly fine.
I wouldn't ever tell you it was a mistake to do it however you are,what I think is irrelevant.
I built them like that for a very long time.

This 064 is 103 124 76.5
It will 4 stroke to a very high rpm

I've ran saws ported both ways, they are both very strong, different ways to get there, but both work.
I kind of boggles my mind...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have to use less intake but they use less fuel and don't spit back as much.

The 660 cylinder on my 066 I just posted the video of is 100 123 84
The 064 hybrids I just did are both 82

The intake duration is astronomical on this 661 but they just need seem to mind.
There a different saw though.

Once again different ways to the gain. I ran one Randy did with epoxy in the intake, lots of blowdown, and a very high exhaust, and it was super strong with a 10 pin....
Weird

Once again different ways to the gain. I ran one Randy did with epoxy in the intake, lots of blowdown, and a very high exhaust, and it was super strong with a 10 pin....
Weird

I use quite a bit of blowdown and anywhere from 95 to 100 on the exhaust.
I've filled the intake and it hurt it but again what works for one won't for another.
A 661 is the only one I've seen that it doesn't bother.

This is the 066 that dave calls scarlet I believe,it will 4 stroke to a ridiculous rpm for 90cc it's 100 123 80.5
10pin at close to 15k

You recommend 10 pin setup for that saw? Or more of your misleading dribble? Or more suited for limp wristed operating?

Latest posts

Back