woods port saw video thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry to sound handicapped.

What is a "Woods Port" saw ... Are these "Wicked Work Saw's" work?

It's not specific to one builder or another, although I suppose someone coined the term somewhere along the line. It means it's ported to increase performance, but still a saw you can take into the woods. It's still a work saw, essentially. Woods ported, not race ported, for example.

Thank You.

Would anyone care to share Reputable Builders (as theirs many available) ... however some were only available for booking through "certain months"

"Wicked Work Saws" appears to have a site, "Husqvarna's built to order" ... to your door.

Well I ran the saw some more today. When I made the video on Sunday I thought maybe I was just paranoid "because of my bad luck with the AT saws" but I wasn't. The saw has a stumble/bog after you let it idle for 10 seconds or so, and it's getting worse the more I run it. After I made this video, the saw would almost die when accelerating. It has the AT 1A carb with the adjustable needle under the brass plug. I opened it up one turn, it did nothing. The saw doesn't behave like it has an air leak, and it four strokes when you lift a little in the cut.

So any advice other than getting a new AT-12 carb? cut a loop or two out of the metering spring?

Back