Wood's port

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grommet

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am interested in modifying the 044 I just got. I have a wojo ported muffler on my 361. I'm just curious what else I can do for the 044? Any input?

depends on how much better you want it to run as to what ou need to do to it.

so are you saying you like loud saws? or you want it to run like a scalded dog. if its the latter i guess you may want to send to be ported

Lol ...scalded dog please... My question is where to send or get info for mods?

you could port it yourself. you will find all kinds of info on here and pics to help you through it. you could also send it to bsnelling i believe he does work for others and from what i hear he is quite talented. i have done several huskys and i am in the process of another its actually kinda cool to create a monster. i enjoy seeing the results of my handy work. i did a 346 last winter or maybe it was the winter before. any way im doing another 346 and i want to duplicate it because it runs like a cat with its tail on fire. there is a lot of good info on here so you should find what you need. good luck.

Or send it to Mastermind. He recently did a thread on here of one of my saws- a Echo CS520 and I couldnt be more pleased with the results. Watch the video on page two of the thread. Hits the wood at 4 seconds, finishes the first cut at 9 sec and makes two more by twenty three seconds. I picked it up today along with my Stihl 041. At the same time I dropped off two more. Should see a Sachs Dolmar 120si build soon on AS. While I was there I ran his 044/46 hybrid. Needless to say when I go back to get these two, my 044 will be making the trip with me. He builds an awesome saw, and is a heck of a nice guy. And he has a respected reputation and following on AS for good reason. I've watched alot of ported 044 videos but that saw I ran today is on another level- it's a wood eating monster. IMHO.

SB

I have never been that big on ported saws but I must say, since I got a Mastermind ported 026, it has become one of my favourite saws. It cuts right with my Partner 5000 and is just fun to use.
Randy said it was a mild woods port but it is clearly quicker than my other 026's.

Al.

Latest posts

Back