Woodshed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcappe

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Awhile back I posted about putting a carport up for a woodshed. I was trying to decide with what to go with. I ended up going 18x21 and three sides. I figure I will fill it up this time of year with wood that has sat out all spring and summer and then replace the outside pile with what I cut in the winter. That is if I can get two years ahead. :deadhorse: I am looking forward to staying dry and out of the wind while I load the OWB. I have to put the chimney through the roof of the shed yet. Anyway here are a couple of pics of what I put up.

woodshed2.jpg

woodshed-1.jpg

Looking good so far - keep the pics coming!

PS ... I like that skidsteer - wish I had one of those!

:cheers:

We bought the skid loader about ten years ago from a guy that was losing his construction business. He sold it to us for what he owed so it was one less thing he owed the bank for. It was one of those deals we were going to use it for a project we were doing and then sell it and pocket the profits......we decided to forget about the profits that thing is way to handy to get rid of.

We bought the skid loader about ten years ago from a guy that was losing his construction business. He sold it to us for what he owed so it was one less thing he owed the bank for. It was one of those deals we were going to use it for a project we were doing and then sell it and pocket the profits......we decided to forget about the profits that thing is way to handy to get rid of.

lol ... I might buy a dump trailer that way. Just heard about it yesterday and I can take over payments (about $6K worth) and own it after. 16' w/ 20K capacity.

I am thinking hard about it!

:cheers:

Nice "European" light fixture on your boiler!!!!

That's funny you commented on that. My wife was giving me heck about how trashy my OWB area was looking so I told her I was going to put up a set of antlers to dress it up a little. LOL. More a joke than anything.

"Looks good. I imagine you might get a couple cord in there less the skidsteer. Not quite a full season for these parts, but if it keepes you out of the weather, all the better..."

I have it figured it will hold 10 cord. That should get me real close to the full winter.

"forget the chimney through the roof. Put a sliding front door on it and stainless steel racks all the way around the walls.....ya can smoke veni, other wild game and fish in there all winter long"

That's a great idea yooper! You and I would get in trouble if we hung out with ideas like that. :)

Chimney question

I need to run my chimney through the roof of my new shed. Do I need it to be as high as the peak of the roof or just through the roof a foot or two. I have a Woodmaster with a forced air fan. I kind of understand the draft you need for the woodstoves and such but didn't know if it was as important for a OWB with a fan. Thanks for the help guys. :yourock:

I need to run my chimney through the roof of my new shed. Do I need it to be as high as the peak of the roof or just through the roof a foot or two. I have a Woodmaster with a forced air fan. I kind of understand the draft you need for the woodstoves and such but didn't know if it was as important for a OWB with a fan. Thanks for the help guys. :yourock:

No expert here, but I would say that the forced draft precludes the need for any chimney longer than necessary to get through the roof. Chimney height helps if you have any close neighbors but if not, it would not be necessary.

I'd like to see a picture of that with 10 cord in there, plus the owb??

I'll take a pic when I get it full. I'm not sure how much will fit for sure but just figuring stacking 6' high if I take out a 10x10 space for the OWB I still have 278 square feet x 6' high= 1668. 1668 divided by 128= 13.04 I figured realisticly it would probably be closer to 10 cord. Am I doing the math wrong?

Thanks for the post Laird. Anyone else have an idea on what the height of the stack should be?

It just doesn't look possible by the picture. One cord is 4' x 4' x 8' what is that shed it looks like maybe 15' wide x 15' long x 8' high ? Ok I caught myself just looking at the pictures, I see you said it was 18' x 21' and stacking 6' high, my math is not good. I need more time to try and figure it out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back