Woodsman 730 opinion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CalTreeEquip

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just picked up two 2009 Woodsman 730's with 89hp Kubota and very low hours.
We don't have many Woodman's here on the West Coast so I'm looking for opinions of those who actually have this model. What are there strong and weak points?
I know Terex owns them now.
Thanks

After about 2 years with mine (2008 with a 86 hp cat) I am very pleased. At about 5200 lbs, I can move it pretty good with the mini (boxer) and pulls fine behind my 4 cylinder Isuzu. Fuel flow is very good and I would imagine the kubota is going to be right there with it. The auto feed seems to be dialed in pretty good with 2400 rpms on the top and 2330 on the bottom with about 1/3 second reverse. The hydraulic lift is nice and it gets used frequently. Compared to a bandit 250 (note: I wouldn't hesitate to own a bandit) the woodsman crushes crotches better, throws chips MUCH weaker, and doesn't handle big wood as well.... about 9" to 10" diameter (pine) is about the max I really need to be feeding it. Knock on wood.... so far so good concerning maintenance. The discharge is so weak (not as bad as my old morbark) that I sometimes collapse the tongue so to allow me to get the discharge chute inside the dump box... one of my pet peaves is cleaning up the sh** between the chipper and dump... irritating but not a deal breaker. If I upgraded tomorrow, my first choice would be a 770 with a WINCH.

Latest posts

Back