woodstove score

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihlcrazy20

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i traded a guy for his woodstove a northern leader 18-23. in exchange i put rotors and pads in his 04 hyundai elantra. never again will i work on an elantra i had to take a grinder with a diamond blade and cut the rotor in 2 to get it off! PITA to say the least, will post pics tomorrow when i can see outside

pics

here is the new wood stove.
DSCF0130.jpg

DSCF0131.jpg

DSCF0132.jpg

and the wood hut with the old stove
DSCF0133.jpg

DSCF0134.jpg

DSCF0137.jpg

DSCF0138.jpg

and the heat run to the house
DSCF0136.jpg

this is the only way insurance man would pass it. its a PITA to run outside at 2am in your boxers to stok it up

you may not burn the trailer down but the shed might go up in flames .that particle board wont last unless its painted or sealed ,also exposed single wall pipe will get major creosote buildup like that,i would think youd lose a ton of heat by running the ducting above ground

Middle section you can see it running down the outside. Iam still glancin at that nice looking stepside...

It's the start of a good idea.

My concerns with a design like that:

1) What's the clearance needed for the furnace? There wasn't much particle board in use back in the 1970-something that furnace was probably made. At the very least, I'd think some sheet rock is in order. Wood when exposed to moderate heat for a long time will ignite at lower temperatures.

2) Is the floor non-combustible?

3) If it does catch fire and you're not home (or asleep), that particle board heating duct will likely act like a fuse and bring the fire to the home.

Oh, and some functional questions...

Where's the return air for that? Is it through the duct to the house or will this always be taking cold outside air to warm up before it pumps it inside? (Realize I've never lived in a place with forced hot air...hot water baseboards are predominate around here).

I'd think insulating and sheetrocking the shed would help it's performance, too. But if it's alway sucking in outside air, that may be a moot point.

Last edited:
Im not knockin anybody but boy are you guys hard on the newbie. Poor guy is excited to show off new stove and he gets nothing but negative comments.
How about nice stove and interesting setup but.... Id hate to show yous guys pics of my setup. Come to think of it I dont think I will.:(

been running that same setup for 3 years and no problems yet works like a dream. i live on the property next to my parents so someone is always around should it catch fire. floor is osb with an 1/8inch steel plate underneath the stove. not a single problem yet and yes it does draw cold air into stove through blower but its good bc it keeps the stove cool enough to not catch anything on fire and it keeps the house at 90 degrees all winter long. i clean the pipe before the season and once a month not a problem at all except i burn up a set of pipes each year bc its single wall. didnt get the stove hooked up yet bc the baby came sooner then expected and i just finally got home.

Looks great to me, I wish I could heat with wood. This natural gas heating is leaving the bank dry.

i traded a guy for his woodstove a northern leader 18-23. in exchange i put rotors and pads in his 04 hyundai elantra. never again will i work on an elantra i had to take a grinder with a diamond blade and cut the rotor in 2 to get it off! PITA to say the least, will post pics tomorrow when i can see outside

Nice simple settup. Along with others i would get some sealant on that chipboard or its gonna be high maintenance. Do what ya gotta do to stay warm

that NL burner will heat that place well , i grew up with my dad getting one new in 1981 same exact thing. he still uses it as of right now,
and will make you open the doors in the winter.
as for the shed you might want to look at that !

rusty s

you know you guys aint gotta tell me its a train wreck, because i have already proved you wrong. like i said i ran this same set up for 3 years and me dad ran it the same way in a smaller hut for 20 years. so to all of you na sayers #### you, if you dont have anything constructive to say then dont post. and if it does burn the house down its mine not yours so quit #####ing about it. i have seen worse setups then this and their still standing without a fire. maybe its because of you guys saying #### like that to people that makes them not want to visit this site that often, i know after this i probably wont come on here very often now.

you know you guys aint gotta tell me its a train wreck, because i have already proved you wrong. like i said i ran this same set up for 3 years and me dad ran it the same way in a smaller hut for 20 years. so to all of you na sayers #### you, if you dont have anything constructive to say then dont post. and if it does burn the house down its mine not yours so quit #####ing about it. i have seen worse setups then this and their still standing without a fire. maybe its because of you guys saying #### like that to people that makes them not want to visit this site that often, i know after this i probably wont come on here very often now.

Nice:clap:

Latest posts

Back