Grinding Wheel thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A way back I started at a shop, and they had "diamond" wheels on their Oregon grinders, the owner touted that he
never had to replace his wheels again!
They sharpened like poop, and I figured that they were "loaded" up, so I just went back to the pink granite wheels,
like I am comfortable with and get good results from. I didn't want to ruin his "lifetime" wheels....

Now I understand that there is CBN wheels also. They are not the same?

With either wheel, they needs no dressing or shaping?

Just cleaning? How?

They wear out? If so, how can you tell when they need replaced?

I assume that the internet is flooded with junk ones as well. How can one tell? Just buy an expensive one and trust it is good?

I figured that it would be best to start these questions in a new thread. Please put up some pics or vids too, if you all can.

I went back through 13 or so pages of threads. I saw one about mini grinders, and one about the Timberline.
Can you give me a hint? Keyword? Username of one of the posters?

Well I doubt that the were diamond wheels then, that is what he told me. They looked like a metal blade, with some material added on the edge, they didn't have any markings or labels.
They left the cutter like it was sharpened with a loaded up granite wheel.

Was probably CBN. They need to get cleaned once in a while, maybe every 50-75 loops.

Yeah, I saw your other post after I started this one. I think it would be great, info that we all can use.
Thanks.
I'm at work but there will be a long cut later.
3" hole thru 15" of stainless gives me some azz time.
Lots of good stuff at the Norton site.
But they are on the far end machine size.

there is a video made by a company who makes those CBN wheels i will see if i can find. they are good but not lifetime and that one is probably tired. when worn they are the same as a worn diamond bur . they melt metal rather then cut very similar to a dirty pink wheel but not as bad. new CBN wheels are awesome but pricey.

there is a video made by a company who makes those CBN wheels i will see if i can find. they are good but not lifetime. that one is probably tired. when worn they are the same as a worn diamond bur . they melt metal rather then cut very similar to a dirty pink wheel but not as bad. new CBN wheels are awesome but pricey.
Yup. About a C note. But worth it.
The cheaper ones are a crapshoot. And an out of true wheel sucks with both lips.

Diamond wheel inc.
they have very good wheels
Come with a stone for cleaning but I found a sonic cleaner works better
About 115$ for 1/4-.325
120$ for 3/8-.404
I have both and highly recommended them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back