WOOPS I forgot something?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH man AZLOGGER I hate seeing that.:jawdrop: I know I'm always scared about grabbing the wrong can and putting straight gas in my saw. Even though I have Stihl and 50 to 1 all over the can. By the way how long did it take to toast it?:givebeer: :givebeer:

:cry:

1 Bottle Mix Oil PRICELESS

Oh man buddy!!! I am curious to hear how this played out. I am just hoping that the realization that there was no mix didn't cause the user to think he could get by with straight gas, "Just this once."

I am not insinuating that you were the user either, but if so, that stinks.

My gas can for the lawn mower is a 5 gal. My cans for the chainsaw are 1 and 2.5 gal cans. If I fill the mower with the small cans or the saw with the big can, I deserve everything I get.

Ian

I don't think nobody likes to see something like that, but great pic's.
I know I forgot to bring fuel with me once drive 45miles cut down a few trees start bucking them up decide to refuel NO gas can, it was sitting at home.
I thought I put everything in the back of the truck. So I pull off the fuel line at the carb stick line in plastic bottle crank engine over ad some 10w/30 lots of it at least 25/1.Saw's still going and that was over ten years ago.

:cry: A USFS firewood cutting permit $25.00
1 357XP Chainsaw $650.00
1 3/4 Ton 4x4 Pickup $25,000.00
1 gal. Bar Oil $8.00
2.5 gals Premium Gas $9.23 Total $25,692.23

1 Bottle Mix Oil PRICELESS

Ohhhhh........I feel yer pain.... I'm sorry to see that.....:cry: :cry:

Last edited:
Have a 5 gallon can with premium that gets mixed into a gallon can for the saws. I knew the 5 gallon was half full and went to mix a gallon and noticed my big can was now full.....of diesel. Not sure what would have happened but I'm glad it was me that went to mix and not someone else. Apparently the brightly coloured tag was not as easy to read as I thought.

Look at the bright side, now you have an excuse to build a mod saw. That sure makes for an expensive load of fire wood though.

Man I hate to see that, I'd buy you a beer (or a shot or two) if I could. :cheers:

For me always put the oil in the can before I head out to get the gas that way I don't get busy and forget later.

5 gal red cans for straight gas, (even if I'm only getting one gallon)
5 gal. yellow cans for diesel,
white cans for kerosene,
blue cans for water,
1 and 2.5 gal. red cans always have mix gas. :cheers:

No this is not my screw-up, this story has a strange twist to it.
The owner of the chainsaw and his father were both going out to get 2 pickup loads of firewood, the owner comes by my shop to purchase mix oil for 2.5 gals of gas and a gal. of bar oil, mean while the father goes to fill up his pickup with gas and he also has the 2.5 gal gas jug so he fills it up also. They head out to their USFS designated cutting area to cut some wood, the saw had a full tank of gas mix when they leave, so he burns thru that tank and when the saw runs out, he tells his father to go fill the saw back up while he loads the wood they have cut up. The father fills the saw back up with oil and gas for another round, little does he know the son had not put the mix oil in the gas jug, so away the son goes again cutting up some more wood, for he says probably 4 or 5 min. the the saw starts running crappy and dies. They try to start it again and it won't start (duh), thats when they start talking and discover that the mix oil was never put in the gas. Now they dump the straight gas back in the jug and put the mix oil in it, shake it up and refill the chainsaw. They try like hell to get it running again, and it won't start, so they load up what wood is cut, about 1/2 pickup load, then head back to town, 3 hr. round trip. He brings me the chainsaw monday morning, #####ing that this POS won't start and he wants it fixed. Now keep in mind he has put a new spark plug in the saw and it is full of mix gas now, he never says anything about what had taken place. I pull the plug to check for spark (ok), I try to start the saw and nothing, won't even get the spark plug wet, now for a compression test, well that won't work because of the auto decompression feature on the saw. So next check is to pull the muffler, okay now we know why the saw won't start, scored severely. I call the guy up and tell him the diagnosis, he comes by that evening and then proceeds to tell me the rest of the story. Paul Harvey
"MORAL OF THE STORY" Take a backup saw if you are going that far for a load of firewood, someone needs to take responsibility to make sure gas has mix oil in it, and last but not least don't blame the saw manufacturer for your inept stupidity!
:stupid: :censored:

No this is not my screw-up, this story has a strange twist to it.
The owner of the chainsaw and his father were both going out to get 2 pickup loads of firewood, the owner comes by my shop to purchase mix oil for 2.5 gals of gas and a gal. of bar oil, mean while the father goes to fill up his pickup with gas and he also has the 2.5 gal gas jug so he fills it up also. They head out to their USFS designated cutting area to cut some wood, the saw had a full tank of gas mix when they leave, so he burns thru that tank and when the saw runs out, he tells his father to go fill the saw back up while he loads the wood they have cut up. The father fills the saw back up with oil and gas for another round, little does he know the son had not put the mix oil in the gas jug, so away the son goes again cutting up some more wood, for he says probably 4 or 5 min. the the saw starts running crappy and dies. They try to start it again and it won't start (duh), thats when they start talking and discover that the mix oil was never put in the gas. Now they dump the straight gas back in the jug and put the mix oil in it, shake it up and refill the chainsaw. They try like hell to get it running again, and it won't start, so they load up what wood is cut, about 1/2 pickup load, then head back to town, 3 hr. round trip. He brings me the chainsaw monday morning, #####ing that this POS won't start and he wants it fixed. Now keep in mind he has put a new spark plug in the saw and it is full of mix gas now, he never says anything about what had taken place. I pull the plug to check for spark (ok), I try to start the saw and nothing, won't even get the spark plug wet, now for a compression test, well that won't work because of the auto decompression feature on the saw. So next check is to pull the muffler, okay now we know why the saw won't start, scored severely. I call the guy up and tell him the diagnosis, he comes by that evening and then proceeds to tell me the rest of the story. Paul Harvey
"MORAL OF THE STORY" Take a backup saw if you are going that far for a load of firewood, someone needs to take responsibility to make sure gas has mix oil in it, and last but not least don't blame the saw manufacturer for your inept stupidity!
:stupid: :censored:

+1 Bingo!

PS: I always take a backup saw anyways! :clap: :greenchainsaw:

My gas can for the lawn mower is a 5 gal. My cans for the chainsaw are 1 and 2.5 gal cans. If I fill the mower with the small cans or the saw with the big can, I deserve everything I get.

Ian

+1 I use different size cans and if I can't remember the difference when I mix or fill, I shouldn't be operating a saw.

Back