Work positioning when not in spurs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newguy12358

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Looking for tips on secure foot holds and work positioning while pruning larger limbs without spurs. What do you guys use? Foot asenders, slings?
Thanks again,
Rick

Anti gravity boots! lol. It really depends on the situation. I use slings, foot accenders on the rope, and other times i just use my feet against the tree.

I find getting a crotch as high as I can is super helpful, then a lanyard around the truck to hold you in, then you can sort of push off the trunk with your feet.

I find getting a crotch as high as I can is super helpful, then a lanyard around the truck to hold you in, then you can sort of push off the trunk with your feet.

thats what i do, just keep adjusting your ropes depending on how far out the limb your goin

i dont use any of that rope and saddle ####. i use my spider webs. its quite convenient that they shoot outta my wrist. i will often spin a web below me to catch the pieces i cut and lower them to the ground.

Latest posts

Back