World's easiest starting 60cc chainsaw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you send your 362 we will be happy to test it for you. I would even do a side by side video of it against the 6100 cutting wood. Heck I will do a full out ,death match comparison.
Happy ? Not only starting it makes me grin, hanging on while it's eating up the wood makes me shout ! :happybanana:

I don't own a 60cc saw I don't think but I got a 90cc saw that if your fast enough pushing the choke off its one pull, it can sit for a week and still one pull. I don't believe a kid can start it though, I barely can.

My 10 yr old is getting better with the crapsman 36cc. I told him pull it like he is mad at it and it will start. Finally I don't need to fire it up for him

Where are you at Corey, gonna bring that 6100 to the CT GTG?
I am over here in the corn patches of South east Iowa . I would love to be able to go. Maybe next year when one is closer to me. I even thought about hosting one. I have a great are just don't think many people are very close to me.

Oh good now they can use it while your not home :dumb2:
I doubt it. Warm start vs. cold start are a whole different world. I had a Stihl MS210C start itself once. I'd warmed it up for a customer before he purchased it. I was showing how the EZ start worked and slowly pulled out the cord, but not all the way. We turned away to do something else and moment later the EZ start spring let loose turning the engine over and starting the saw. I know at least one other board member here that had a similar experience. I have not been able to replicate the incident since.

Nice saws (PS-6100 & PS-420), I like all Dolmar's! :)
I don't know anybody in possession of a PS-6100 :( , but a coworker has a brand new PS-420 - itching to get my hands on her. :D

Looks like they feature that spring-wind-up-easy-start-thingy.
I have it on my MTD weed-whacker, never cared for it though.

Thinking about it it is quite ridiculous!
They (whoever "THEY" is) make lighters and most likely other stuff child-proof, but power tools are easier to start & use then ever! :confused:

The only 60cc saw I can comment on is my Dolmar PS-6400 - it is NOT the easiest starting 60cc saw there is!
She requires:
- COLD 5 to 7 pulls (3-4 on choke + 1-2 on half throttle)
- WARM always 1 pull respectively :)
- no easy-start-thingy nor DeCo valve on my PS-6400 - very unlikely a child would be able to start her

Back