Worst nut job I've ever went to quote

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you make a blanket statement that impugns the integrity of a person, a group of persons or a profession and attempt to pass it off as fact, I think you should be prepared to provide either quantitative or qualitative evidence to support your statement. Perhaps we should review what you initially wrote:

As I read this, you are indicating that "most" professors are "liberal idiots", "smug superior jackasses" who suffer from "raging incompetence" while bordering "on the threshold of communism". If your statement had been prefaced as being your opinion, I would have no issue with your claims. However, without such a disclaimer you are attempting to pass off your remarks as based in fact. As such, you need to be prepared to stand behind them or to edit your comments to reflect that they are merely your opinion.

In the event you never attended a college or university, you might be surprised to learn that there are many conservative and religiously based institutions. New Hampshire is no exception, you can find all of the state's colleges and universities listed on the following website with links to the individual schools.

NH.gov - Resources for New Hampshire Residents - Education - Colleges & Universities

Interesting that you should comment on the thread moving off track when your rant is what took it there. Perhaps if you spent some time with someone who earned a doctorate degree you might actually learn something and have a less narrow view of the world.

its good,,that another of your same persuation,,agrees with you...

I spent twenty years with people that have earned doctorate degrees.The bulk of which were smug superior jackasses. This is my opinion and the results of twenty years of observation.You have proven yourself to be in a class with them(in my opinion) or just a wanna be groupie riding their coat tails through life. In any event ,I stand by my statement of them as a group and you. You will of course have to have the last world trying to make me whiz all over myself and submit to your giant intellect but it's just not going to happen.I have no doubt the folks here could provide a story or two of an example of a prof. out of control. That would take up many more pages which would take us even more off track of the story of a member who had to deal with a smug ass who thought he could bully people with his arrogance.Obama was a professor who has achieved the Peters principal who along with his communist buddies (Van Jones, Bill Ayers, Bernadine Dorn, Cloward and Piven) have tried to indoctrinate the youth by teaching their belief as fact. I guess bombing public buildings and plotting the overthrow of the government must be really smart, but I'm too dumb to see the wisdom in it. Education is a wonderful thing, but it's not the only thing.If you went to school and then taught school without any further life experience, you are part of the problem and miles away from the solution.Of course thats just my opinion.

dead on post...tim,why is it,,if a stone is thrown into a pack of dogs..only the one that gets hit,howls???????????? :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

TROLL

Do you even own a chain saw?

he has to own a saw,,to be on this site???? new revelation....and i suppose,,since your a self proclaimed person of great renown[blowhard] that you have to approve also of the brand he owns???? thats typical of self proclaimed eletists,,CONTROL

Last edited:
You can get a know it all from any profession. Professors do seem prone to it, but not all of them. I've met and worked with many professors in many capacities and found good and bad. We've argued and agreed on a huge range of topics.

When I was twelve, doing odd jobs around the neighborhood to earn spending money, I worked for the couple across the street that were both professors. I quoted them a price for doing three different things, raking leaves for $35.00, mowing the lawn for $15.00, and sweeping the driveway for$10.00. I got done and went to the door to collect payment and she handed me a $50. I politely said the total was $60.00 and asked for the remaining $10.00. She said "But the total for what you quoted me is $50.00" Then she named each item and what I quoted her, and did it correctly. I agreed with each amount as she named it and when she finished she was looking at me triumphantly.

Now, I knew she was a math professor, but I knew I was right and I was determined to get paid for the work I did. Not knowing what else to do I got my note book out of my pocket, flipped to the page where I wrote down the work she wanted and what I quoted. I showed it to her and she agreed what I wrote was correct. Then I started adding it up on paper in some blank space at the bottom of the sheet. I felt like a total fool showing a math professor how to add on paper. But when I was done she turned bright red, ahhhed and ummmed a little and then, with an air of superiority, said "I was testing you, good catch, you passed." No sorry for being wrong, no oops don't know how I did that, just pretended like she was somehow right the whole time. She opened her wallet, got another $10.00 to add to the $50.00 and I thanked her and left.

My next experience was working for the Dean of a college. He was the nicest, down to earth, humble and hard working sort of guy. You would never have guessed that this guy had been the Dean of a huge old college. This man had literally dined with statesman and kings and dictators, traveled the world many times over, spoke several languages, held a few patents, and the list goes on. When I worked for him he was in his nineties, seventy years hence a farm boy, his favorite activity was working in his garden. Even at his age he was sharp witted and able to work hard all day. The funny thing was he ranted about the direction colleges were headed, and this was almost twenty years ago. He didn't like the character he was seeing in students and staff. He has long since passed on, but stands out in my memory as the kind of person that colleges should turn out and promote. He had forgotten more than most of us will ever learn, but it was like he didn't realize it. He was curious like a little kid, was eager to listen to anyone on any topic, worried if the frost would kill his tomatoes and framed crayon pictures from his great-grandkids to hang on his study wall.

When I was reading about the professor in the OP I was thinking about the math professor. Smart person that somehow thought it made them better than average, having a hard time admitting they might be wrong. As the argument about professors unfolded I remembered the Dean and wondered what he would think of the whole thread. Like I said, you get good and bad; it is up to each of us to choose which to be. We'll project who we are no matter how we try to appear otherwise.

Mr. HE:cool:

I had a guy call this summer for two full cords of wood. I delivered this fall when I had time and i was told to stack it in the garage in his racks. The racks did measure two full cords... And i had the cords stacked at home so I knew they were full. I collected earnest money on the first load and it took five more to fill his "two cords"!!! I kept telling him his two cords were full after the fourth pickup load and he said he wouldn't pay til the racks were full. I filled the racks just so I could actually get my money... Guy was a cop and i didn't want any trouble since its illegal to bootleg wood across county lines here where I live. Anyway... I noticed upon final delivery and payment he had a stack on the back porch and a rank in the back yard. Ugh... Lesson learned.

Don't let the fact he's a cop keep you from calling him on it. He should be honest about it. Hell, I'd call and rat him out for having a garage full of illegal firewood. People like that make it hard for all the good cops.

I get it now, we have a list- checking it twice - of Nut Jobs:
1. Professors ( any academic specialty )
2. Cops
3. "Outdoor Carpenters" ( any specialty)
4. "Retired Chainsaw Collectors"
5. Pimps ( any specialty )
6. Lawyers (any field )
7. HTML Programmers
8. Anyone in Mass or Iowa owning a Stihl double A battery-powered chainsaw thimking it's real..
9. Foresters ( usually ex-professors with graduate degrees are Nut Jobs )
10. Diddlers starting this with too much time sitting on their hands whining about those "nut jobs" and those "stupid people"
11. E.R. Physicians who had to learn their trade sewing us up from.....................................ready?...........................Professors of Medicine.
12. Banjo pickers

JMNSHEO

Indiansprings,

Great story, thank you for sharing it with us! Bring back more juicy details if they arise.

Guys,

Food for thought......"If you are right, it does not make me wrong.....But if I am right, it does not make you wrong either." Opinions are like xxxhole...everybody has one!!! Agree to disagree and shake hands like men.

:smile2::tongue2::msp_rolleyes::msp_tongue::msp_razz::biggrin::redface::smile2:

There are exceptions to every rule ... I don't have one. Seriously. Google BCIR.

I am an anally challenged engineer ... how's that for an oxymoron ... with the emphasis on moron.

Having said that, I am overwhelmed trying to balance out the equation of azzoles in this thread!

Last edited:
I have a 64 page syllabus on the desk in the office from a graduate class in information management, the whole point of the course is to teach efficiency in information management for business, the works cited were published in 1982...anyone see a problem here?

i have a 64 page syllabus on the desk in the office from a graduate class in information management, the whole point of the course is to teach efficiency in information management for business, the works cited were published in 1982...anyone see a problem here?

Tenure

I have a 64 page syllabus on the desk in the office from a graduate class in information management, the whole point of the course is to teach efficiency in information management for business, the works cited were published in 1982...anyone see a problem here?

Just a stab.. The problem is, ya never converted the "Efficiency in information management" syllabus to digital on floppy?:hmm3grin2orange:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I get it now, we have a list- checking it twice - of Nut Jobs:
1. Professors ( any academic specialty )
2. Cops
3. "Outdoor Carpenters" ( any specialty)
4. "Retired Chainsaw Collectors"
5. Pimps ( any specialty )
6. Lawyers (any field )
7. HTML Programmers
8. Anyone in Mass or Iowa owning a Stihl double A battery-powered chainsaw thimking it's real..
9. Foresters ( usually ex-professors with graduate degrees are Nut Jobs )
10. Diddlers starting this with too much time sitting on their hands whining about those "nut jobs" and those "stupid people"
11. E.R. Physicians who had to learn their trade sewing us up from.....................................ready?...........................Professors of Medicine.
12. Banjo pickers

JMNSHEO

you forgot to add something to number 12,,,since you must be a collector..nazi police..

Political Thread ?

What ever happened to the political forum/thread on AS ?? After following this thread from beginning to end, I think I've figured out why AS took it down. I know, I know, I might be a little slow, being I'm just a lowly ditchdigger and all !!

Some just like to flex their "internet muscles" to demonstrate how vigorously they can beat the dead horse, then with their giant intellect they can create the illusion that not only is the horse not dead but he is flourishing and thankful for the beating because now he understands why he needed it.It was for his own good. And there will be much rejoicing.

Dead Horse Theory

Some just like to flex their "internet muscles" to demonstrate how vigorously they can beat the dead horse, then with their giant intellect they can create the illusion that not only is the horse not dead but he is flourishing and thankful for the beating because now he understands why he needed it.It was for his own good. And there will be much rejoicing.

When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, your
best strategy is to dismount.

However, in our government more advanced strategies are
often employed, such as:

1. Buying a stronger (and more expensive) whip.

2. Changing riders.

3. Appointing a committee to study the horse.

4. Arranging trips to other countries to see how other cultures ride dead horses.

5. Lowering the standards so that dead horses can be included.

6. Reclassifying the dead horse as living-impaired.

7. Hiring outside contractors to ride the dead horse.

8. Harnessing several dead horses together to increase efficiency.

9. Providing additional funding and/or training to
increase dead horse's performance.

10. Doing a productivity study to see if lighter riders
would improve the dead horse's performance.

11. Declaring that as the dead horse does not have to be
fed, it is less costly, carries lower overhead and therefore
contributes substantially more to the bottom line of the economy than
do some live horses.

12. Rewriting the expected performance requirements for all horses.

And of course....

13. Promoting the dead horse to a supervisory position.

When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, your
best strategy is to dismount.

However, in our government more advanced strategies are
often employed, such as:

1. Buying a stronger (and more expensive) whip.

2. Changing riders.

3. Appointing a committee to study the horse.

4. Arranging trips to other countries to see how other cultures ride dead horses.

5. Lowering the standards so that dead horses can be included.

6. Reclassifying the dead horse as living-impaired.

7. Hiring outside contractors to ride the dead horse.

8. Harnessing several dead horses together to increase efficiency.

9. Providing additional funding and/or training to
increase dead horse's performance.

10. Doing a productivity study to see if lighter riders
would improve the dead horse's performance.

11. Declaring that as the dead horse does not have to be
fed, it is less costly, carries lower overhead and therefore
contributes substantially more to the bottom line of the economy than
do some live horses.

12. Rewriting the expected performance requirements for all horses.

And of course....

13. Promoting the dead horse to a supervisory position.

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: this AINT a big enough smiley!!! and no 12,,needs to be a professor position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All this for lack of a simple statement of, "Hey now mister,you're gonna be paying me to cut, split and stack YOUR wood, not to get screwed by you for its burning quality." OP gotta learn to stand up for himself.

Latest posts

Back