worst saw ever made

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still kind of limited on what I have run my neighbor has a couple of older shindaiwa's and other than being heavy and slightly under powered they start every friggin time. bar oiler seems a little funky on one of them though. the worst saw I have personally had to date was a poulan 4218A thing ran great for about 14 months and other than being low powered it was great...then i had to fix it. can not get parts that fit it 90% of the time. always end up with x part that fits these models...and its a list of the chicom clamshells and yet most of the time the parts are ever so slightly off. gave up and jumped to husky do to the ability to get parts via the mail that fit every time.

The poulan wild things and their equivalents. The Poulan 1800s and 2000s. It seems like 80-90% of them have scored pistons. Now the other Poulan’s like the ones based on the 3400s, me likey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The worst I had was a new Craftsman made by Poulan? that I bought in 1978. It would start right up when cold, and would make one cut in a 4" diameter tree before it would die. Would not start again until it was cold. Bought it on Thursday night and took it back Friday night. Went out the next morning and bought a Poulan SD 25DA. Wish I still had it for small work.

Old Homelite top handle. I don't even remember what model it was as it belonged to my dad but given to him for free by has friend marvin. This was when I was a kid in the 1980's. The saw had a bad ground or something because every once in a while when you would hit the kill switch it would shock the everliving piss out of you! Being a short tempered teenager I had no patience for shocking chainsaws and I finally got fed up with it and just threw the saw away...

I agree,the MS660 is a POS ! The 066 Magnum was WAY better. They are very hard to find in good condition and go for up to $2000.
I had on low hour 066 mag , was more then tickled with its handling and performance. It got between the butt end of about an 25" or so oak tree and a frozen ditch and was mostly no more. Replaced it with an used ms660 mag which felt a little less powerful at first but since I put a dual port muffler cover and fine tuned the carb I see and feel little to no difference, if any . I have many saws so it doesn't get used a lot but its close to 10 years I had it with 0 problems that I recall. Always starts and runs flawlessly whether it sits days or months. It does feel considerably stronger then my 064.

Latest posts

Back