Worthless Thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2dogs

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
My son and I did a hazard tree assesment at BSA Camp Pico Blanco and I FORGOT MY CAMERA! What a dumbazz! I was going to post pics of the damage the Basin Complex fire did and the trees I am going to take down. I could have shown the dozens of large second growth redwoods that were burned beyond hope of saving. The stump holes, the spongy root systems in the fairy rings, the goosepens and cat faces. The co-dominant trunks that split ten feet above ground, the 175' tall trees supported now by a thin rind of wood and bark that are just waiting for a strong gust to topple them. The active fire in a 3 foot diameter redwood that rececntly fell. It took my son and I an hour to buck that log and extinguish the fire. The 660 had a good workout today. I also could have shown you all the trees that have fallen into the river. Some sank!

F&G, CalFire, NRCS, OES, a geologist, and a hydrologist were there and will tell me what I can pull out of the river and also what I can drop in the river and fish out later. Many redwoods need to come down right now and they can only be falled down hill and into the river. Several have to come down across the dirt access road and be bucked immediately. I have a backhoe to help with that.

But I can't show you a danged thing cause I stepped over my camera on the way out the door today.

I also lost my VERY valuable notebook while walking the camp. That I will be back looking for Saturday when the first crew arrives.

I will not forget my camera.
I will not forget my camera.
I will not...

Latest posts

Back