Would a tw-p1 be a good logsplitter for....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pcoz88

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
To split wood for me and inlaws.Plus be a good starter logsplitter for selling firewood?Or should I go and make payments on a logsplittrer with alift?Thamks.

Pete:bang::bang:

:agree2:

I started with a Tractor Supply 22 ton. Sold about 12 cords last year. Used the cash and upgraded to a Super Split. Did about 40 cords for this year. Also found an MS361 on craigslist for $250.

Bought the TS splitter for $1100 and sold it for $900. Slowly get your feet wet to see if it's all you expected. Worst case scenario you've got a good quality splitter to split your own firewood for years to come. Maybe you'll find you love the business and upgrade to a TW-5. Good luck.

izw3n8.jpg
tom trees

Simple answer to your question is yes. I bought a TW-P1 after a year's worth, or more, of considering various options, and I am very happy with mine. It splits anything, is fast, and is certainly good for at least 20 cords of wood a year. I will be doing 10 cords for myself and 5-6 for my father, and might sell 2 or 3 cords for some ca$h.

hvq9fk.jpg
if you are geting in the biz do not get a timber w 1 its to lite get this one v/h $3000 you will like i have 4 splitters but this one is the best tom trees:cheers:

I bought a TW-P1, and love it. But if you are planning to get into the business of selling, then I would consider it a bit slow. With the four way wedge, it does make quick work of trees around 12" or less, but I usually split on the smaller side, so anything larger gets an extra split. I do not care to work too fast, so the speed is fine. But if I were in it to make money, then it is too slow.

Hope that helps.

iron and oak

Agree with toms trees. 27 ton vertical/horizontal iron and oak is a beast. Splits anything I need to and should hold up for many years. I only split 8-10 cords a year between me and friends.

You did all that split wood with that iron oak???? I don't really care for v/h model splitters.But that one tom trees has looks nice.

pete:clap::clap:

Tw-2

I bought a TW-2 last spring and couldn't be more happy with it. Shortly after I got a couple loads of nasty logs and it really goes through the knotty stuff pretty easily. I'm not sure you would want to use a TW-1 if you plan on selling wood. Depending on what kind of wood you split you may also want to condier a supersplit though I'm simply not sold on statements made by SS owners that it can split knotty stuff (if someone out there is going to respond saying it can please post a vid - I dont believe it and will readiy admit im wrong when I see a video!). With that said, if you generally split clean stuff the super split seems to be the way to go. Anyway, here's a vid of me splitting with my TW-2 to give you an idea of the speed...and yes, it's a clean piece of oak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64bt6EnLRdQ

Back