Would a tw-p1 be a good logsplitter for....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a TW-2 last spring and couldn't be more happy with it. Shortly after I got a couple loads of nasty logs and it really goes through the knotty stuff pretty easily. I'm not sure you would want to use a TW-1 if you plan on selling wood. Depending on what kind of wood you split you may also want to condier a supersplit though I'm simply not sold on statements made by SS owners that it can split knotty stuff (if someone out there is going to respond saying it can please post a vid - I dont believe it and will readiy admit im wrong when I see a video!). With that said, if you generally split clean stuff the super split seems to be the way to go. Anyway, here's a vid of me splitting with my TW-2 to give you an idea of the speed...and yes, it's a clean piece of oak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64bt6EnLRdQ

Hayubusa I don't have a video but if you're anywhere near the Albany area feel free to stop some time and give an SS a try. I have yet to encounter something the SS won't split. It might take a few whacks but with a 2 second cycle time that's not really a problem. Here's what me, my MS361 and SS did in our spare time..35 cords give or take a few.

attachment.php

Back