Would I Make A Good Abhorist?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The real question is (OK, my question is...) Does hort wanking lead to blindness?? :)

I'm dyin' over here...

I need to hire an arborist (definitely not an abhorist) soon to have a look at a tree that brought me to this asylum in the first place. (Thanks Ekka et al.). I've been too busy remodeling to do anything about it yet.

Hort Wanking

Hello Treefarmer, I'm good, I got one foot in the grave and another on some Bulgarian Bugwood.
John

John, it's good to see you again. We're you hammered by the Valentine's Day Blizzard? I'm STILL shoveling snow - if it's not off the driveway, it's off the bloody roof.

John, it's good to see you again. We're you hammered by the Valentine's Day Blizzard? I'm STILL shoveling snow - if it's not off the driveway, it's off the bloody roof.

Hi Kate, when was Valentines Day? lol I knew I forgot something!
Did you get the card I sent you?

All we have here for snow is 18" in the woods where I'm working, but where I live 5 minutes away we have half that.
It's all started to rot today making traction like a dog after a football.
Rain tomorrow though.

The Mexican weather report says, "Chilly Today, Hot Tomale."
John

All we have here for snow is 18" in the woods where I'm working, but where I live 5 minutes away we have half that.
Rain tomorrow though.

John

It is good to see you about the board again, I doo agree a Colorado GTG would be sweet,,,, And I will cook some Ribs that I will put up against anybody's...............:rock:

So Lambert, are you still enrolling worshippers?

I will testify, he is only 5 foot, 11 and 1/2 inches tall. when the wind is right............

It is good to see you about the board again, I doo agree a Colorado GTG would be sweet,,,, And I will cook some Ribs that I will put up against anybody's...............:rock:

RR2, your on. It's hard to beat ribs and it sounds like you're a good cook.
We just need Darin's endorsement. Or maybe we all just show up on his doorstep uninvited.:rockn:
John

WL2J.jpg

So Lambert, are you still enrolling worshippers?

I will testify, he is only 5 foot, 11 and 1/2 inches tall. when the wind is right............

Yes Fish, I'm still enrolling. Have started a new fraternity, "Canadian Chainsaw Christian Assoc." Cheltanham Chapter.
John

WL2e.jpg

We just need Darin's endorsement. Or maybe we all just show up on his doorstep uninvited.:rockn:
John

WL2J.jpg

Hey John
I see you are using S-irons on the Black Cherry.That is also convenient that you put a C on the Cherry. Is that because truckers only know bark.

it's true

Rain tomorrow though.

John

Yes, it's true, you forgot me and I'm devastated:cry: :cry: Sarky, ain't I??

No, really we're all good John. Can hardly wait for the snow and ice pack here to begin to disappear, Expecting another 6"-12" overnight. I wouldn't mind if I could just get the heavy ice off the areas of my roof that I just cannot reach. Oh well, many others in the same boat around here.

Keep those awesome pictures coming - you are one helluva photographer!!!

Ccccc

John

WL2J.jpg

Does the C on that timber stand for coffin grade,,,That is Maple, is it not??? Great pix BTW Keep em coming

Does the C on that timber stand for coffin grade,,,That is Maple, is it not??? Great pix BTW Keep em coming

RR2,Notice the sapwood? The logs with all the white sapwood are Hard/Rock Maple. The logs with all of the heart wood looks to be either Black Cherry or Beech.Here in the north, in winter logs become impacted with snow and it hard to sort species by bark.Hench the "truckers only know bark".Smelling and looking at the ends of logs is commonly used.

Last edited:
If you find an acredited Abhorist school please let me know. I need to add a little something to my grass cutting biz.
John...

Latest posts

Back