Would this cause my saw to score the piston?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have any ideas ?

Yeah Moparmyway, you have it right here on the screen in front of you. Where I went to high school, there was a mosaic on the wall with a quote by Francis Bacon that read; "Knowledge is power."

Surely he was some kind of communist or he couldn't have his stuff on the wall at the school, however, his idea has merit and his name was Bacon. Bacon is always a good way to start your day. It's not so nutritious alone, but when consumed as part of a balanced diet, it is very tasty and makes for happy children and wife. Happy wife, happy life as the chinese say, (also communists).

Try to find a woman who isn't one of them bacon stealers like mine though when you turn your back. I know what it looks like all curled up there on the plate. Nine or eight slices just don't pass for ten when I read into the greasy spots on the paper towel, if you know what I mean.

Sunfish Don just done said it. Learn to do it yourself. You are the only one you can completely trust to do it your way. Get 'er done and get 'er done right and get it the hell out of my shop. When it runs, it's done.

My philosophy is simple:

1. Prove it to me.
  2. If you want to make omelets, you have to break a few eggs.
  3. The good Lord loves three things in mankind above all other attributes; integrity, initiative and perseverance.
  4. Too bad they was the axis powers and all, however the Germans, Italians and Japanese are the best engineers and machinists on the planet. Sadly they eclipse us in the U.S.A. in these areas because ownership of the world's most prime farmland and a lion's share of her raw materials has made our minds terribly lazy.
  5. Fat bottom girls make the rockin' world go 'round.

Yeah Moparmyway, you have it right here on the screen in front of you. Where I went to high school, there was a mosaic on the wall with a quote by Francis Bacon that read; "Knowledge is power."

Surely he was some kind of communist or he couldn't have his stuff on the wall at the school, however, his idea has merit and his name was Bacon. Bacon is always a good way to start your day. It's not so nutritious alone, but when consumed as part of a balanced diet, it is very tasty and makes for happy children and wife. Happy wife, happy life as the chinese say, (also communists).

Try to find a woman who isn't one of them bacon stealers like mine though when you turn your back. I know what it looks like all curled up there on the plate. Nine or eight slices just don't pass for ten when I read into the greasy spots on the paper towel, if you know what I mean.

Sunfish Don just done said it. Learn to do it yourself. You are the only one you can completely trust to do it your way. Get 'er done and get 'er done right and get it the hell out of my shop. When it runs, it's done.

My philosophy is simple:

1. Prove it to me.
  2. If you want to make omelets, you have to break a few eggs.
  3. The good Lord loves three things in mankind above all other attributes; integrity, initiative and perseverance.
  4. Too bad they was the axis powers and all, however the Germans, Italians and Japanese are the best engineers and machinists on the planet. Sadly they eclipse us in the U.S.A. in these areas because ownership of the world's most prime farmland and a lion's share of her raw materials has made our minds terribly lazy.
  5. Fat bottom girls make the rockin' world go 'round.
VERY well said.!! I almost fell out of my chair laughing.too good! Now i need some bacon and my fat booty wife and some more ported husqvarna saws and I will be like some buttered toast.

Now please let me say that I only started this thread to bring to light to someone about the air leak and the laziness of the person to not want to test the saw. Also them thinking that a saw they put together cannot have an air leak.
That was why I made the video of it as soon as I unboxed it.
I was just needing some back up from some other gurus...

This was my words to the guy a few moments ago. copy and pasted:
"I only made it public because of your ignorance. I wanted to let you see the truth. air leaks kill saws. this saw has air leak. you said saw did not have air leak.:)"

True? true

or do it myself...
that is my thing I do them myself but I dont do the machine work. I delete base gasket and open ports. I was wanting to get this saw done to compliment my other 346. The new one with pop up and squish cut. You know how ported saw junkies are correct??? I am not a hobbyist. I own a small scale tree and stump removal and use these tools weekly through out the year.

VERY well said.!! I almost fell out of my chair laughing.too good! Now i need some bacon and my fat booty wife and some more ported husqvarna saws and I will be like some buttered toast.

Thanks, Friend. The nicest thang ever said about me was, "Dude you are full of ****."

The truest thing ever said was that I'm not afraid to make a mistake. Read about a man named, "Simon," in the new testament. The old boy jumped out of the boat and walked on water when he believed he could. No one else had the balls. That's initiative at work. When he lost his focus though, he crashed. That's the part about perseverance. Stick with it that's all.

I probably should have added:

6. Everything is a tradeoff. You have to give something in order to get something. Nothing worthwhile comes without earning it and that means sacrificing something else of perceived importance.

It aint about making a mistake .404, its about owning up to it and trying to make it right

Not everyone has the funds to get a lathe, or the space to put it so they can do their own work. This is some of the reasons why we mail our saws to others who do. Having a saw come back in less than stellar condition is going to happen, mistakes and whoopses are part of life. How they are handled often times makes up for the mistake in the first place.

the attitude of this porter who says to just richen up an air leak after the saw was just unboxxed (and so far unused since being ported) is downright pitifull.

I see your very blunt point, but this is an open forum and I aint got no bacon to cook right now .................. if I did - I would be eating it.

See point #3 above MMW, "Integrity." In that respect, I agree fully. I've been around here one way or another since 2002 and seen 'em come and go. That's why I see the, "Where's Stumpy?," thread yesterday and the occasional, "Where's moody?," threads as comical. I've built 2 stroke since the 80's and I wouldn't hand my neighbor a rebuilt weedeater that wasn't fully verified. We can stake out the builder of this 346XP it's fine with me. I just like to ruffle a bird up now and again. Haha. See who gets flustered when I should be logging.

I have not yet determined if it is unusable. I may get to figure it out later. I am going to have to seal it up good first. also I'm not sure what to expect with .050 cut off the base and the scratches all on the piston.

I have not yet determined if it is unusable. I may get to figure it out later. I am going to have to seal it up good first. also I'm not sure what to expect with .050 cut off the base and the scratches all on the piston.

More to this sad chapter it seems ?

if the piston is just showing light scratches i'd run it but i'm redneck. of course, i would disclose such piston condition if i were selling a saw in the trader. as long as a piston can remain stable in the bore is would still be just as good as a new piston. i don't replace pistons for nothing. they are inside so you don't have to look at them LOL should see what some of the loggers out here will run. seize up a saw, force it free reefing on the flywheel, then run it til it dies for good. pretty grosse actually but they don't know any better.

was the top end minty when you sent it? i think that if your pissed off, like ready to break legs pissed off. your not pissed off enough LOL i build my owns saws and i will always build my own saws.

.050 off the base it no problem, if the squish isn't too tight. You do have to use a sealer on the intake boot though.

For the goodness of all members on here just say who cut it and if that person is going to make it right. If the cutter is making it right then no harm no foul, if not though then it sounds like a low life taking your money.

Latest posts

Back