Would this cause my saw to score the piston?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It lives again.
I got the saw to hold the pressure but it still wont hold vacuum. I am lost as to why it wont hold vacuum. I am fairly confident that it is now at least half way passable and maybe worthy of service.That will be decided after a few tanks a fuel and checking the piston.
If not ,shes at least a cookie cutter....:chainsaw: Holds the R's good in the cut.

I got a video uploading of her spinning.

I did notice that this saw got smoking hot! I didnt pull the muffler yet but I know it almost drank the whole tank of fuel making only about 15 cuts.

Don't be too hard on my videos. I had a near new chain on the second saw and on the saw in question I just grabbed one off the nail that was terrible,as in almost cut back to the witness marks ans dull.

Here is a second chance for the air leak saw. I changed the bar for the sharp one and I must say that if this saw hold together it will be the cats meow.

we'll see i guess. she sure is turning some RPM's. tune sounded rich at the start but then leaned out towards the end. me thinks she ain't gonna last long at that tune but i guess you'll find out. also sounds like it's starving for fuel when you let off the throttle. that sucks that the leak was fixable but that burn out builder who had the top end off was to lazy to fix it before it went back to you. damn shame!

Here is a second chance for the air leak saw. I changed the bar for the sharp one and I must say that if this saw hold together it will be the cats meow.

we'll see i guess. she sure is turning some RPM's. tune sounded rich at the start but then leaned out towards the end. me thinks she ain't gonna last long at that tune but i guess you'll find out. also sounds like it's starving for fuel when you let off the throttle. that sucks that the leak was fixable but that burn out builder who had the top end off was to lazy to fix it before it went back to you. damn shame!

I agree with west, that saw still sounds like it has an air leak, especially after a cut coming back down to idle.
I wouldnt run it untill she holds vacuum

Update:
I never have taken muffler off to inspect it since videos...

As I was shelfing it the other night, a black something, presumably a screw fell out of it. I took starter cover off and I seen the coil all sucked over to the flywheel. I never loosend,tightend or checked the coil hold down bolts. Aparently the lower coil hold down bolt vibrated loose and snapped off in the case. This case was already a welded half that was right in the area of that bolt and it is now cracking again. I have a case half now on the way from a great friend here on AS and this saw is about to get tow` down to bare bones again..... practice practice. I don't think it will take me long to do it this time around.I am waiting til parts arrive to strip it back down and will update sooner or later. Hope by saturday.Have a safe week.

You're one patient fella. I don't know how you're not losing your mind over this saw.

You paid to have it ported. So the "porter" didn't inspect the saw at all after his work? You think he didn't have the starter cover off or advance the ignition timing?

I just don't know bud. The whole thing just sounds really wrong.

Good luck with the build.

I don't know much really. I did ask about the coil screws. I honestly don't ever remove coils just to clean a saw. The builder did remove it but again I didn't double check it. I am about sick of this one for sure. the same week I sent this saw off I passed on a clean OE saw locally for 250 because I just had dropped more than that on work on this saw.:baba::wtf:

one great guy here is sending me a nice case half. I have already ordered another piston that I will have to have another pop up cut into. I now have to split the case,again. I feel like it was a sour deal.

Although he was up front. he did say he didn't like the way it looked and couldn't guarantee how long it would live. he was 100% correct. If I had of ran it the way it was sent back it would have lasted about 7 cuts maybe a few more but not long for sure. maybe he will come long and tell us his name.

Latest posts

Back