would you buy a forester bar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breymeyerfam

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
would you buy a new forester bar to save money if you only planned on needing it a few times a month??? the bar in question would be a 32 or 36" bar. or should I just bite to bullet and go get a stihl es?

I have a 20" Forester bar that came with my 7900, it seems to be holding up very well.

So yes, I wouldn't think twice about buying a Forester bar for use every so often.

attachment.php

The "TROLL" has been wearing a Forester bar and its holding up real well......If and when it wears out I'll post pictures ....

Last edited:
Never worn one out. My Stihl dealer carries them, as does some of the dealers on here. Good deal, and I haven't come close to wearing it out yet.

I too have one of the 20" on my 7900, nice combination. I wish I got one for the 088 in the 24" category, we'll see, but I don't think they make one in that mount...

I would buy it.

Jason

No... on the Forester.

Yes!! on the Stihl ES.

I only buy solid bars. No more laminated ones for me. If you wanna save some on the solid bars, get a GB Pro Top or Ti bar. I use both GB and Stihl ES.

Last edited:
Stupid newbie question...

What is a "forester bar"?

Forester bars are a name brand of chainsaw bar (or blade, as they call them in other parts of the world). They used to be OK, but now they are all made in China and the market is flooded with them, especially on Ebay.

Last edited:
:jawdrop: Looks like you actually have some PPE on.........

Yah, and a respectable saw called the Troll. I used to call my 290 The Troll. Snicker snicker. Now its just the 290 again. Maybe I will name my 361 #2 the Troll.. 361 #1 is named Milo, after my orange tom cat.

Last edited:
Forester bars are a name brand of chainsaw bar (or blade, as they call them in other parts of the world). They used to be OK, but now they are all made in China and the market is flooded with them, especially on Ebay.

Sverd (sword) is the word here,,,,,,,

Ooooooooh, chainsaw swords... wow. Makes me think of the Vikings sailing across to England and landing with chainsaws in hand. I would want a Stihl ES west coast long sword myself. I can see a new Ben Stiller movie in the making ;)

Of course, one can only imagine them bickering about what saw brand is better, and what chainsaw oil to use on the trip over...

I think forester makes a quality product. you can get them in both the oregon and windsor style tips. i have a half dozen or so of them and they hold up about as well as an oregon bar in my opinion.

Back